French teams protest by not starting promptly.

Old July 25th 07, 05:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

Default French teams protest by not starting promptly.

Could someone explain to me exactly what this was about, please?

I guess I'm neither French nor much of a protestor. What exactly were they upset
about and in what way was this action going to affect that condition?

Ron
Old July 25th 07, 05:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dumbass

On Jul 25, 12:26 pm, Hell and High Water
wrote:
In article ,
says...

Could someone explain to me exactly what this was about, please?

I guess I'm neither French nor much of a protestor. What exactly were they upset
about and in what way was this action going to affect that condition?

My take is simply:

They're just saying they're ****ed off at the drug/doping/etc. crap.

Not to get anything done, just to let the fans know they don't like it.

-Bob

Big improvement over 98 and 96, when the riders were protesting the
drug testing. Now they are protesting the drug users.

Old July 25th 07, 06:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Iglesias

In article ,
Hell and High Water wrote:
My take is simply:

They're just saying they're ****ed off at the drug/doping/etc. crap.

Not to get anything done, just to let the fans know they don't like it.

And one of those protesting today, Cristian Moreni of Cofidis, has
been announced as positive for testosterone. Will ASO ask Cofidis, a
French team, to leave the Tour?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007...l07/jul25news5

--
Mike Iglesias Email:
University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926
Old July 25th 07, 06:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Morten Reippuert Knudsen

RonSonic wrote:

Could someone explain to me exactly what this was about, please?

I guess I'm neither French nor much of a protestor. What exactly were they upset
about and in what way was this action going to affect that condition?

Same old story. The french teams where protesting against racing at
two speeds. Incidently one of the protesting riders testet positive
the Landis way. Luckyly the sponsor has alredy announced that the wont
continue.

--
Morten Reippuert Knudsen :-) http://blog.reippuert.dk

Merlin Works CR-3/2.5 & Campagnolo Chorus 2007.
Old July 25th 07, 06:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
kaiser

On Jul 25, 10:03 am, (Mike Iglesias) wrote:
In article ,
Hell and High Water wrote:

My take is simply:

What's he gonna do, ride around his teammates and give them the
Italian salute as he passes by?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007...ews/2007/jul07...

Old July 25th 07, 09:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
kaiser

On Jul 25, 10:45 am, Davey Crockett
wrote:

The video coverage was unbelievable

--
Davey Crockett - No 4Q to Reply

Quite noteworthy to see how Rasmussen was one of the first riders to
ignore the protest (and how the rest of his team sheepishly followed
him...eventually).

A french anti-french conspiracy ?? Benjamin Werner Racing 1 January 23rd 06 11:30 PM
SUV Protest Bill Henry General 353 November 30th 05 12:58 AM
SUV Protest Bill Henry Rides 201 November 29th 05 06:53 AM
P**l S***h and the M4 protest Peter Moss UK 10 April 30th 05 06:28 PM
OT-Bicycles and Protest In NYC B. Lafferty Racing 13 August 30th 04 06:06 PM