BR Tomorrow - 9th March

Old March 8th 08, 07:41 AM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama[_229_]

Default BR Tomorrow - 9th March

I'm heading that way for some hilly kms - if anyone else wants to tag on
we'll call it a BR and add a coffee stop at Smiths.

Lama

--
gplama

Old March 8th 08, 04:09 PM posted to aus.bicycle
blah

On Mar 8, 10:41 am, gplama gplama.35y...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
I'm heading that way for some hilly kms - if anyone else wants to tag on
we'll call it a BR and add a coffee stop at Smiths.

Lama

--
gplama

Sweet! I'm there. Oh. Hang on. I live in another country.
Bugger. Think I'll go to work instead.
Have fun, mate
Old March 8th 08, 11:03 PM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB[_2_]

gplama wrote:
I'm heading that way for some hilly kms - if anyone else wants to tag on
we'll call it a BR and add a coffee stop at Smiths.

Lama

So glad I didn't see this post till after I got back from a ride,
otherwise I might have been tempted to go. I took it easy with some laps
of Yarra Boulie after a couple of hard days preparing my house for sale
(damn those weeds). Quickly discovered my legs are very tired (ok 14km
run on Friday didn't help) and hamstrings are shot. A BR in the hills
would have killed me.

DaveB
Old March 10th 08, 07:54 PM posted to aus.bicycle
flyingdutch[_90_]

DaveB Wrote:
... preparing my house for sale...

where you off to?

one criteria should be "what will be my LBS"

--
flyingdutch

Old March 10th 08, 09:13 PM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB[_2_]

flyingdutch wrote:
DaveB Wrote:
... preparing my house for sale...

where you off to?

one criteria should be "what will be my LBS"

Not far, just a bit closer to family so over Macleod/Rosanna way.

LBS shouldn't change because I generally use Abottsford anyway.

DaveB
Old March 11th 08, 09:06 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Gags

"DaveB" wrote in message
u...
flyingdutch wrote:
DaveB Wrote:
... preparing my house for sale...

where you off to?

one criteria should be "what will be my LBS"

Not far, just a bit closer to family so over Macleod/Rosanna way.

LBS shouldn't change because I generally use Abottsford anyway.

DaveB

Sounds like your local bike shop might end up being Gag's garage!!!

Old March 11th 08, 09:11 PM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB[_2_]

Gags wrote:
"DaveB" wrote in message
u...
flyingdutch wrote:
DaveB Wrote:
... preparing my house for sale...
where you off to?

one criteria should be "what will be my LBS"

Not far, just a bit closer to family so over Macleod/Rosanna way.

LBS shouldn't change because I generally use Abottsford anyway.

DaveB

Sounds like your local bike shop might end up being Gag's garage!!!

Now it's funny you should mention that.

I got a load of stuff from Probikekit last night including new cassette
and chain. Problem is I've only ever changed screw-on clusters so don't
have chain whip etc, or know what to do. I figured you might have the
tools and the know-how, or FD if you're reading this. Anyone?

With new pedals, tyres, chain, and cassette it will ride like a new bike.

DaveB
Old March 12th 08, 05:22 AM posted to aus.bicycle
roshea[_70_]

DaveB Wrote:
I got a load of stuff from Probikekit last night including new cassette
and chain. Problem is I've only ever changed screw-on clusters so
don't
have chain whip etc, or know what to do. I figured you might have the
tools and the know-how, or FD if you're reading this. Anyone?Which suburb are you in? I'm sure there is someone nearby who can help.

The cassette / chain swap is a 5 minute job if you have the tools
(which are not too expensive). The 'Park Tool web site'
(http://www.parktool.com/repair/) is great for showing you how repair
jobs are done, plus the 'Shimano tech docs site'
(http://techdocs.shimano.com/techdocs/index.jsp) has instructions for
many of their components if that's relevant.

--
roshea

Old March 12th 08, 05:33 AM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama[_230_]

DaveB Wrote:
Problem is I've only ever changed screw-on clusters so don't
have chain whip etc, or know what to do. I figured you might have the
tools and the know-how, or FD if you're reading this. Anyone?

Talk to Ess' mechanic... I hear he does a top job

Also tell Ess that he needs to book in a time with his mechanic to
install new brake calipers and gear cables.

--
gplama

Old March 12th 08, 05:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB[_2_]

gplama wrote:
DaveB Wrote:
Problem is I've only ever changed screw-on clusters so don't
have chain whip etc, or know what to do. I figured you might have the
tools and the know-how, or FD if you're reading this. Anyone?

Talk to Ess' mechanic... I hear he does a top job

Also tell Ess that he needs to book in a time with his mechanic to
install new brake calipers and gear cables.

There's obviously a story there, are you gonna share it on Ess's behalf?

DaveB

TOC Death March critposer Racing 2 February 22nd 08 03:37 PM
Riding in SC end of March Robert Schultz Mountain Biking 10 March 9th 06 10:42 PM
The Ides of March Jenko Racing 6 March 16th 05 07:15 AM
The Ides of March Bob Martin Racing 0 March 15th 05 09:28 PM
Why We Should Be in the Streets on March 19 George Bush General 0 March 13th 05 04:49 PM