BR Tomorrow - 9th March

Old March 12th 08, 11:58 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Gags

Default BR Tomorrow - 9th March

"DaveB" wrote in message
Gags wrote:
"DaveB" wrote in message
u...
flyingdutch wrote:
DaveB Wrote:
... preparing my house for sale...

Sounds like your local bike shop might end up being Gag's garage!!!

Now it's funny you should mention that.

I got a load of stuff from Probikekit last night including new cassette
and chain. Problem is I've only ever changed screw-on clusters so don't
have chain whip etc, or know what to do. I figured you might have the
tools and the know-how, or FD if you're reading this. Anyone?

With new pedals, tyres, chain, and cassette it will ride like a new bike.

DaveB

No probs....I have got Shimano and Campag cassette tools as well as a couple
of chain breakers. Let me know if you want to come over and change it all
over.

Out of interest, were you planning on installing a joiner link on the
chain?? I am pretty sure that I might have a spare SRAM 9 spd link laying
around somewhere (from memory you are running Shimano 105 9spd??).

Gags

Old March 12th 08, 07:36 PM posted to aus.bicycle
flyingdutch[_91_]

gots tools here also

gmail me if need be. We still gonna see you at school?

--
flyingdutch

Old March 12th 08, 08:46 PM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB[_2_]

Gags wrote:
Out of interest, were you planning on installing a joiner link on the
chain?? I am pretty sure that I might have a spare SRAM 9 spd link laying
around somewhere (from memory you are running Shimano 105 9spd??).

Yeah I bought joiner link when probikekit system prompted me to. Hadn't
intended to prior to that.

DaveB
Old March 12th 08, 08:48 PM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB[_2_]

flyingdutch wrote:
gots tools here also

gmail me if need be. We still gonna see you at school?

Yep no change there. Just a bit further to go. Might need to become a 2
car family, I think there may be rebellion if I try and get cycling
happening from further away.

DaveB
Old March 13th 08, 11:15 AM posted to aus.bicycle
essendon93[_31_]

gplama Wrote:
Talk to Ess' mechanic... I hear he does a top job

Also tell Ess that he needs to book in a time with his mechanic to
install new brake calipers and gear cables.

Yeah yeah, cables,... calipers can wait
Any recomendations on brake pads, those bloody Koolstop pads have just
started squealing..grumble grumble.

--
essendon93

Old March 13th 08, 08:39 PM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama[_231_]

essendon93 Wrote:
Yeah yeah, cables,... calipers can wait
Any recomendations on brake pads, those bloody Koolstop pads have just
started squealing..grumble grumble.

Take them out, sand them off/down and remove any 'shine' they have (if
they have any?). Maybe a light wet/dry sand of your braking surface on
the rims if they're a little rough.

Squealing under braking, especially from the front, can be your
callipers/pad combo. My Tektro carbon callipers + koolstop black pads
bark like a dog on the front with a particular wheel I have.

I'm no gyn^H^H^H mechanic, but I'll have a look at it for you

Lama

--
gplama

Old March 14th 08, 05:44 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Gags

"gplama" wrote in message

essendon93 Wrote:
Yeah yeah, cables,... calipers can wait
Any recomendations on brake pads, those bloody Koolstop pads have just
started squealing..grumble grumble.

Take them out, sand them off/down and remove any 'shine' they have (if
they have any?). Maybe a light wet/dry sand of your braking surface on
the rims if they're a little rough.

Squealing under braking, especially from the front, can be your
callipers/pad combo. My Tektro carbon callipers + koolstop black pads
bark like a dog on the front with a particular wheel I have.

I'm no gyn^H^H^H mechanic, but I'll have a look at it for you

Lama

Two words.........TOE IN!!!!

Gags

Old March 14th 08, 05:54 AM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama[_232_]

Gags Wrote:
Two words.........TOE IN!!!!

Gags

Google that without 'Safe Search' on. Hello ladies.

--
gplama

TOC Death March critposer Racing 2 February 22nd 08 03:37 PM
Riding in SC end of March Robert Schultz Mountain Biking 10 March 9th 06 10:42 PM
The Ides of March Jenko Racing 6 March 16th 05 07:15 AM
The Ides of March Bob Martin Racing 0 March 15th 05 09:28 PM
Why We Should Be in the Streets on March 19 George Bush General 0 March 13th 05 04:49 PM