Building WH7700 wheels...

Old November 10th 05, 02:07 PM
Paulus

Default Building WH7700 wheels...

Possibly a silly Q but:
I have worn my rims down to a concave shape. I have purchased new rims and
spoked them up. In order to tue 'em up, do I use the normal technique, or
is there anything I should keep in mind while adjusting the spoke tension on
wheels with 16 spokes?

Cheers
Paul
Giant ATX840 (upgraded)
Giant ATX850 (new build project)
Shogun Samurai (married to the mag trainer)
Track Bike (getting dusty)
Learsport 8500 (upgraded)
More bike, give me more!!!!

Old November 11th 05, 01:41 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Paulus wrote:
Possibly a silly Q but:
I have worn my rims down to a concave shape. I have purchased new rims and
spoked them up. In order to tue 'em up, do I use the normal technique, or
is there anything I should keep in mind while adjusting the spoke tension on
wheels with 16 spokes?

The hard part is spoking these things. They true, round, tension, dish
like any wheel, with a little less flexibility due to the paired spoke
thing.