My new bike.

Old January 29th 05, 08:27 PM
Marty Wallace

Default My new bike.

Finally got my new bike together. It's really sweet. Did a 102 km ride
yesterday as a maiden voyage. Only problem was aerobar positioning which
has since been fixed with the help of a hacksaw. ( I had to test it
did'nt I?)

Some pics here. http://www.hyperactive.oz.nf/felt/mi_bike.htm

Marty
Old January 29th 05, 09:27 PM
NickZX6R

Marty Wallace wrote:
Finally got my new bike together. It's really sweet. Did a 102 km ride
yesterday as a maiden voyage. Only problem was aerobar positioning which
has since been fixed with the help of a hacksaw. ( I had to test it
did'nt I?)

Some pics here. http://www.hyperactive.oz.nf/felt/mi_bike.htm

Marty

Nice one Marty. I've never ridden a Felt but they look like really good
value. They do a nice looking track bike too.

--
Nick
Old January 30th 05, 03:04 AM
hippy

"Marty Wallace" wrote
Finally got my new bike together. It's really sweet. Did a 102 km ride
yesterday as a maiden voyage. Only problem was aerobar positioning which
has since been fixed with the help of a hacksaw. ( I had to test it did'nt
I?)

Some pics here. http://www.hyperactive.oz.nf/felt/mi_bike.htm

Fair stack of spacers under your bars and not a lot
of headtube. What size frame?

I like the kickup on the toptube near the seattube and
the stays above the rear brakes look like they've been
aero-fied.. oh, the bars look trick.. I like HED. ;-)

What sort of hub is on the front wheel?

Good to see you got the go-faster red version. :-)

hippy

Old January 30th 05, 03:23 AM
Marty Wallace

hippy wrote:
"Marty Wallace" wrote

Finally got my new bike together. It's really sweet. Did a 102 km ride
yesterday as a maiden voyage. Only problem was aerobar positioning which
has since been fixed with the help of a hacksaw. ( I had to test it did'nt
I?)

Some pics here. http://www.hyperactive.oz.nf/felt/mi_bike.htm

Fair stack of spacers under your bars and not a lot
of headtube. What size frame?

I like the kickup on the toptube near the seattube and
the stays above the rear brakes look like they've been
aero-fied.. oh, the bars look trick.. I like HED. ;-)

What sort of hub is on the front wheel?

Good to see you got the go-faster red version. :-)

hippy

I'm (MAYBE) thinking of doing an Ironman event, so I've kept the bars
stacked high for comfort over long distance. It's a 54 cm frame, but the
Hed bars are lower than most aerobar setups. The front hub is an old 28
spoke Rolls hub that I got off my brother, it used to have a Mavic
singles rim on it but I changed it to the Aerohead.I've got a set of
tubless Spingergys which will look good on it and also a disk for the
rear but haven't had a chance to play yet.

Marty
Old January 30th 05, 12:27 PM
Resound

"Marty Wallace" wrote in message
Finally got my new bike together. It's really sweet. Did a 102 km ride
yesterday as a maiden voyage. Only problem was aerobar positioning which
has since been fixed with the help of a hacksaw. ( I had to test it
did'nt I?)

Some pics here. http://www.hyperactive.oz.nf/felt/mi_bike.htm

Marty

Very nice indeed. I can't blame you for needing to "test" it thoroughly. Yet
again, as often happens, I'm jealous.

Old January 30th 05, 12:43 PM
Marty Wallace

Resound wrote:
"Marty Wallace" wrote in message

Finally got my new bike together. It's really sweet. Did a 102 km ride
yesterday as a maiden voyage. Only problem was aerobar positioning which
has since been fixed with the help of a hacksaw. ( I had to test it
did'nt I?)

Some pics here. http://www.hyperactive.oz.nf/felt/mi_bike.htm

Marty

Very nice indeed. I can't blame you for needing to "test" it thoroughly. Yet
again, as often happens, I'm jealous.

Went for another ride today, about 50 km. I'd cut about 25.4mm (ok an
inch), off the aerobars but hadn't moved my seat back to allow for it,
hence I was 'squashed' in a bit. Also , as someone pointed out earlier
the bars ARE too high so I'll progressively drop them until they "feel
right". One change at a time though, so I'll move the seat back about 2
cm and up about 5mm. The course I'm doing is quite hilly so I think I'll
stick with the normal wheels as the disk weighs a ton. Need to buy a
small water bottle too, I don't finish the big one on a short course so
it's really overkill.

Marty
Old January 30th 05, 03:25 PM

Default My new bike. who is a Janitor at the Muja Power Station in Australia. why is Marty Wallace m...@geo.*net.au calling people and post*ing at 3:05am Marty Wallace J*an 29, 3:05 am because he can'*t do it with the hooker that y*ou hear in the backgr

"Marty Wallace" wrote

PLONK

who is a Janitor at the Muja Power Station in Australia. why is Marty
Wallace calling people and post*ing at 3:05am Marty
Wallace
J*an 29, 3:05 am because he can'*t do it with the hooker that y*ou
hear in
the background sayi*ng ha ha you can't do it im ou*t of here pay me
my
$200.00.

who is a Janitor at the Muja Power Station in Australia.

Western Power - Muja Power Station
9734 0401
Power House Rd, COLLIE, WA, 6225

Contact Us
Email

RESIDENTIAL 13 13 53
BUSINESS 13 13 54

13 13 51

Freecall 1800 622 008

Address

Head Office:
363 Wellington Street, Perth, Western Australia 6000

OUTSIDE WA (08) 9326 4911

Postal Address:
GPO Box L921, Perth, WA 6842

why is
Marty Wallace calling people and post*ing at 3:05am
Marty Wallace J*an 29, 3:05 am because he can'*t do it with the
hooker
that y*ou hear in the background sayi*ng ha ha you can't do it im
ou*t
of here pay me my $200.00.

Old January 31st 05, 01:41 AM
smart

DICKHEAD WINEO Mental Retarded Marty Wallace who is a
Janitor
at the Muja Power Station in Australia IS THE
DICKHEAD OF AUSTRALIA.

if you wanted maximum braking, where would you sit? wle Techniques 133 November 18th 15 02:10 AM
Evaulating a bike Paul Cassel Techniques 96 August 22nd 05 11:45 PM
My New Bike brucianna General 6 June 8th 05 08:45 AM
Some questions etc.. Douglas Harrington General 10 August 17th 04 02:42 AM
aus.bicycle FAQ (Monthly(ish) Posting) kingsley Australia 3 February 24th 04 08:44 PM