SBS marketing suggestion

Old July 24th 05, 04:05 PM
TimC

Default SBS marketing suggestion

****ed off that as soon as it stops raining in London that the TdF
sprints are taken off SBS in place of the far more interesting action
packed game of cricket?

Email SBS marketing, and CC each of the companies that are advertising
within the ad breaks of the cricket, alerting them to the fact that
you will be boycotting each of the named companies.

The first company is whoever makes the "Falcon two mark SR" (how
appropriate, eh?

I do wonder whether sales@ford would start to get twitchy if a whole
bunch of people told them they were being boycotted because they paid
for advertement to support a multicultural television network that
decided to show a boring england-australia (really multicultural that
is, eh!?) in place of the final precarious (to borrow a word) stage of
the TdF?

--
TimC
"Consider a spherical bear, in simple harmonic motion..."
Old July 24th 05, 04:37 PM
GPLama

"TimC" wrote in message ...
****ed off that as soon as it stops raining in London that the TdF
sprints are taken off SBS in place of the far more interesting action
packed game of cricket?

They were flogging the 'Hell on Wheels' DVD of the 2003 tour, when they
could have been showing the 2005 tour LIVE in the last 10kms... that is
nuts..

I've never hated cricket this much...

GPL

Old July 24th 05, 04:42 PM
endroll

SBS is just dipping their fat fingers into 2 honeypots - as you say th
cricket hardly fits with their advertised ideology! I am desperatel
trying to stay awake now to see the presentations for TDF by fiddlin
with my rear derailer - I nearly dozed off listening to 2 guys talk i
monotone about how exciting the last delivery was - I think they mean
that the way the guy chucked the ball looked good to them! Compared t
the rest of the action, I am not surprised at their sudden "verba
erection"

--
endroll

Old July 24th 05, 04:52 PM
jcjordan

Just stuck a poll up on the SBS Cycling central forum, doubt it wil
stay up long as it calls them dishonest about their promised coverag
and asks people to protest by not buying their highlights DVD.

Should be interesting to see how long it stays u

--
jcjordan

Old July 24th 05, 08:38 PM
531Aussie

TimC Wrote:
Email SBS marketing, and CC each of the companies that are advertising
within the ad breaks of the cricket, alerting them to the fact that
you will be boycotting each of the named companies.hmmmm....I don't think they'll ca SBS's ratings during Thursda

night's cricket coverage were about FOUR TIMES normal!!! I think th
advertiser will be asking: "more cricket, please?

--
531Aussie

Old July 24th 05, 10:38 PM
flyingdutch

jcjordan Wrote:
Just stuck a poll up on the SBS Cycling central forum, doubt it wil
stay up long as it calls them dishonest about their promised coverag
and asks people to protest by not buying their highlights DVD.

Should be interesting to see how long it stays up

provide a link to it :

--
flyingdutch

Old July 25th 05, 01:11 AM
jcjordan

flyingdutch Wrote:
provide a link to it

Here is the link to the poll

http://www8.sbs.com.au/sbsforum/view...p?p=84825#8482

--
jcjordan

Old July 25th 05, 01:34 AM
TimC

On 2005-07-24, 531Aussie (aka Bruce)

TimC Wrote:
Email SBS marketing, and CC each of the companies that are advertising
within the ad breaks of the cricket, alerting them to the fact that
you will be boycotting each of the named companies.hmmmm....I don't think they'll ca SBS's ratings during Thursday

night's cricket coverage were about FOUR TIMES normal!!! I think the
advertiser will be asking: "more cricket, please?"

Pity SBS is now going for ratings on mediocre colonial games, instead
of operating to its multicultural charter.

--
TimC
Experiments must be reproducible; they should all fail in the same way.
Old July 25th 05, 02:20 AM
MikeyOz

On 2005-07-24, 531Aussie (aka Bruce
was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea

TimC Wrote
Email SBS marketing, and CC each of the companies that ar

advertisin
within the ad breaks of the cricket, alerting them to the fact tha
you will be boycotting each of the named companies.hmmmm....I don'

think they'll ca SBS's ratings during Thursda
night's cricket coverage were about FOUR TIMES normal!!! I think th
advertiser will be asking: "more cricket, please?

Pity SBS is now going for ratings on mediocre colonial games, instea
of operating to its multicultural charter

-
Tim
Experiments must be reproducible; they should all fail in the same way.

well I voted 'NO'

that is the 1 vote for NO so far..!! woo hoo, im a minority, I fee
repressed

maybe we can invent a new sport, cricyling, all players on uni-cycles
including batsmen

--
MikeyO

Old July 25th 05, 02:46 AM
Tamyka Bell

On 2005-07-24, 531Aussie (aka Bruce)

TimC Wrote:
Email SBS marketing, and CC each of the companies that are

advertising
within the ad breaks of the cricket, alerting them to the fact that
you will be boycotting each of the named companies.hmmmm....I don't

think they'll ca SBS's ratings during Thursday
night's cricket coverage were about FOUR TIMES normal!!! I think the
advertiser will be asking: "more cricket, please?"

Pity SBS is now going for ratings on mediocre colonial games, instead
of operating to its multicultural charter.

--
TimC
Experiments must be reproducible; they should all fail in the same way.

well I voted 'NO'

that is the 1 vote for NO so far..!! woo hoo, im a minority, I feel
repressed

maybe we can invent a new sport, cricyling, all players on uni-cycles;
including batsmen.

Fox Sports was showing the Ashes uninterrupted. They had an ad in the
Australian, something like "The middle of the Ashes is no place for a
bike race" with a cyclist crashing out where someone was batting. Stupid
pic and ad but I couldn't help but agree, the bike race should
definitely take priority. That being said, it's the BEST coverage of
test cricket I've seen. So much less footage of ball-scratching and
farting, but you still get to see the wickets being taken. Noice. I
don't even like cricket.

Tam

Online Marketing Jack Buick Social Issues 2 November 30th 04 02:22 AM
Email Marketing Singova Sungkeng General 1 November 29th 04 10:45 PM
Online Marketing Jack Buick Social Issues 0 November 29th 04 10:24 PM
Email Marketing Joe Black Rides 0 November 29th 04 10:24 PM
Email Marketing Joe Black Rides 0 November 29th 04 10:24 PM