Help needed.... Can't shift from smaller front chainring to...

Old May 9th 04, 12:13 AM
Rick

Default Help needed.... Can't shift from smaller front chainring to...

the intermediate and larger front chainring. The shifting system is Shimano
Tiagra 27 gears. The derailleur barely move when I attempt to shift to
larger chainrings.

Thanks in advance. Rick

Old May 9th 04, 03:23 AM
William Holiday

On Sat, 8 May 2004 19:13:59 -0400, "Rick"
wrote:

the intermediate and larger front chainring. The shifting system is Shimano
Tiagra 27 gears. The derailleur barely move when I attempt to shift to
larger chainrings.

Her's a link for service instructions for the Tiagra triple front der:
http://www.shimano-europe.com/cyclin..._pdf/5EWOA.pdf

This will work too:
http://sheldonbrown.com/derailer-adjustment.html#front
Old May 9th 04, 04:21 AM
maxo

On Sat, 08 May 2004 19:13:59 -0400, Rick wrote:

the intermediate and larger front chainring. The shifting system is Shimano
Tiagra 27 gears. The derailleur barely move when I attempt to shift to
larger chainrings.

Thanks in advance. Rick

Probably due to a loose cable. Shift to smallest ring, tighten cable.
Fixed (I hope )