bike cop shoots driver from hood of car

Old September 8th 03, 03:15 AM
Golightly F.

Default bike cop shoots driver from hood of car

"Kevan Smith" /\/\
Cops and robbers should play their little gun games where other peopel

can't get
hurt.

Gawd.... eyes rolling

Old September 8th 03, 03:16 AM
Golightly F.

"Kevan Smith" /\/\
Police and thieves in the streets -- scaring the nation with their guns

and
ammunition.

I'd just as soon have nothing to do with either of them.

Gawd... eyes rolling

Old September 8th 03, 03:45 AM
Hunrobe

I think Kevan was trying to get a rise out of me with his, "Cops and robbers
should play their little gun games where other people can't get hurt." comment.
I didn't even read it though until it was quoted by others because I ignore his
posts. I do however hope he succeeds in avoiding both cops and criminals since
that would mean he won't be either an offender or a victim.

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Old September 9th 03, 06:53 AM
heater

Kevan Smith wrote:
Where do you live?!

It doesn't matter.
--

Of course it matters. You stated that you would never need the
assistance of cops with guns. That's a pretty bold statement. I'd like

Old September 9th 03, 02:17 PM
Rick Onanian

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 00:03:07 -0500, wrote:
How safe would you be if the cops were
unarmed, and the criminals ran amok with
their guns?

National Guard armory. In fact, my next door neighbor is "Martin's Gun
Shop."
Then, down the street from that is a warehouse that stocks beaucoup
hunting
weapons. And then, there are my real people neighbors, one of whom enjoys
his
fully automatic weapons to no end. Me, I rely on my big fence and my
dogs.

Those are all legitimate weapon owners and
users. More legitimate weapons are GOOD for
the safety of society. If I moved to the
city, I'd try to find a place next-door to
a gun store and an automatic weapon owner.

How about the criminals with illegal Saturday
Night Specials?

Do you have the meth-crazed dealers shooting
out their gang wars?

--
Rick Onanian
Old September 9th 03, 07:57 PM
Rick Onanian

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 09:11:01 -0500, wrote:
How about the criminals with illegal Saturday
Night Specials?

I stay away from them, and they stay away from me. It works out well.

Oh. You must live in a comfortable suburban area,
or even a beautiful rural setting.

Do you have the meth-crazed dealers shooting
out their gang wars?

No. In fact, yours is the first I have ever heard of "meth gangs."

Eh? Meth gangs?

I just said the dealers are hopped up on meth,
not that their gangs are based on meth culture.

Usually,
they're called biker gangs. And again, I stay away from biker gangs, and
they
tend to like their privacy as well, so they stay away from everyone else.

Biker gangs are no big deal. It's the urban
street-crime gangs, whose only known purpose
is eradication of similar gangs, that are a
danger to law-abiding citizens.

Essentially, if you feel you need a gun to defend and protect yourself,
then you
aren't using your brain to its full capacity. Or, maybe you are.

Or, maybe you live somewhere other than a
cute suburb -- in the city, the criminals
run amok and take down innocent bystanders,
and way out in the country, there's generally
no cop for so far, your only defense is your gun.

Disclaimer: The only stuff I know about gangs is
what I read in the paper every day about the
latest killing in Providence or Boston or NYC,
where there's always some innocent kid who was
wearing the wrong shirt, or was standing in the
wrong place...

--
Rick Onanian
Old September 10th 03, 03:38 PM
Mark Hickey

Kevan Smith /\/\ wrote:

No, I said me needing the assistance of cops with guns is as likley as Bush
telling the truth about Iraq. That is a bold statement, but it's not "never."
Bush probably won't tell the truth about Iraq, but there is always the
possibility.

I must say it really IS amusing to see the left suddenly put so much
importance on telling the truth. Just a few years ago it seems that
trying to get someone to tell the truth constituted a witch hunt.
Heh.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old September 11th 03, 02:25 AM
Frank Krygowski

Mark Hickey wrote in message . ..

I must say it really IS amusing to see the left suddenly put so much
importance on telling the truth. Just a few years ago it seems that
trying to get someone to tell the truth constituted a witch hunt.
Heh.

I don't think of myself as a member of "the left" - in fact, I've got
liberal friends who are convinced I'm a right-wing reactionary. ;-)

But it seems to me there's a big difference between "Tell us the most
intimate details of your life" and "Tell us why we should waste our
nation's money and our soldier's lives."

But we're off-topic, aren't we?

- Frank Krygowski
Old September 11th 03, 03:37 AM
Chris Neary

I must say it really IS amusing to see the left suddenly put so much
importance on telling the truth. Just a few years ago it seems that
trying to get someone to tell the truth constituted a witch hunt.

Conversely, I suppose we could also say it is interesting to see the right
suddenly put so little importance on telling the truth.

Sorry to stray off-topic, such as it is.....

Chris Neary

"Prize the doubt, low kinds exist without"
- Inscription at Ramsmeyer Hall, Ohio State University
Old September 11th 03, 04:39 AM
Pete

"Frank Krygowski" wrote in message
om...
Mark Hickey wrote in message

. ..

I must say it really IS amusing to see the left suddenly put so much
importance on telling the truth. Just a few years ago it seems that
trying to get someone to tell the truth constituted a witch hunt.
Heh.

I don't think of myself as a member of "the left" - in fact, I've got
liberal friends who are convinced I'm a right-wing reactionary. ;-)

But it seems to me there's a big difference between "Tell us the most
intimate details of your life" and "Tell us why we should waste our
nation's money and our soldier's lives."

Well..it's not like uncle Bill didn't initiate a bunch of military actions:
Kosovo
Bosnia
Somalia
Afghanistan