Should I buy a new Uni?

Old November 17th 03, 09:34 PM
thin_air

Default Should I buy a new Uni?

Heres the problem I have the 20 inch black norco they sold last year. I
got it in early june-late may. The cranks,axles and propably rim is
bent. You can tell they're going to break soon so my question is this
should I replace the hub or just save up for a new unicycle? i 99.9%
street ride and im not excessivly harsh on a unicycle (6ft drops are my
biggest), 6 stairs clears, and 6ft gaps (over hills and stuff) any help
would be nice
Thanks,

P.S
tee-hee-hee what a funny acronym I made (this is coincidince)

--
thin_air - ride the wheel

feel free to ask me to chat any time on this website
thin_air's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4504

Old November 17th 03, 10:08 PM
johnfoss

thin_air wrote:
*i 99.9% street ride and im not excessivly harsh on a unicycle (6ft
drops are my biggest), 6 stairs clears, and 6ft gaps (over hills and
stuff)*

There is something wrong with this sentence. If accurate, it's not the
99% of your riding you need to worry about, but that last 1% is gonna
kill you. Sounds like you need a stronger unicycle. No sense replacing
parts in one that's going to get killed again pretty quick. If it holds
up, you can keep the older one for teaching friends, learning tricks,
etc.

--
johnfoss - Now riding to work

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"In three months or so, he won't be doing that any more." -- Kris Holm's
cousin Derek, 13, on Kris' unicycling now that he's married

Old August 20th 04, 08:27 PM
c.critch

first off, it wouldnt be 1%, it would be .1%, and second, jeff, uve
never done a 6 ft gap, NEVER., and id say maybe 5'6, not 6.

--
c.critch - omg, I lost a wheel!!!

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuv93
Check out my Gallery.