Wheels

Old November 17th 03, 04:23 PM
P356

Default Wheels

I would like some input on wheels, I don't do big drops I weigh 160 and am a
sport racer. I am currently running Rhyno lights, no disc brakes or tubless

Old November 18th 03, 05:30 AM
Richard Adams

P356 wrote:

I would like some input on wheels, I don't do big drops I weigh 160 and am a
sport racer. I am currently running Rhyno lights, no disc brakes or tubless

My MTB came with Ritchey rims, which held up like tanks. Very solid and
the original front is still on it and true after thousands of miles of
cross country and down hill in the Santa Cruz mountains. The rear was
swapped out to go to Shimano 9spd and had a Mavic 517 rim, which wore
through in about 1.5 years and developed a stress fracture. Conclusion
seems to be that Mavic are a softer alloy.

Old November 21st 03, 12:57 AM
Gwood

I am similar weight and ride mostly techie XC, no big bang stuff. My Klein
came with Rolf Dolomite wheels set up with tubes. They are pretty light,
although from net-opinions it appears some folks love 'em and some don't.
From my perspective, so far so good, although I'm considering disc now.

If you're not looking for disc compatible, there seems to be a ton of great
deals out there.

New Wheels!! tcmedara Mountain Biking 4 May 24th 04 12:08 PM
how to align multiple sets of disk wheels Lennie Garcia Mountain Biking 4 March 3rd 04 02:52 PM
Why are the wheels big? Why not tiny wheels? Kolaga Xiuhtecuhtli General 45 November 5th 03 10:25 PM
i bought the wrong sized wheels!! pete johnson General 4 August 28th 03 04:09 PM