Getting back on the big wheel again- last minute RTL preparation!

Old June 11th 08, 12:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unimatrix 0-1

Default Getting back on the big wheel again- last minute RTL preparation!

I believe this is what they in New Zealand would call a '****-take'

lol

--
Unimatrix 0-1

We are the uniborg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!
Old June 11th 08, 05:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GizmoDuck

Unimatrix 0-1 wrote:
I believe this is what they in New Zealand would call a '****-take'

lol

****take I think not

Normally I have a couple of weeks before a race to get used to the
Coker again. As Siaferide says, I've been working in Australia and the
Triton 29 is much easier to travel with, so that's what I've been riding
for the last few months.

Last time this happened was before Unicon XIII...I had not been on my
Uni for 6months due to a broken leg. I did manage to get in a few
weeks training on the roadbike though, which gives you the same sort of
resistance as riding a Coker. So it only took a couple of rides to get
into Coker mode before UNICON.

A 29'er however, is a completely different beast. It will take more
than a couple of rides to get used to the Coker this time around

Oh well, looks like you can count me out of RTL

Ken

p/s Geoff, I'll bring you some Peanut Slabs. James....I believe Tony
Melton is bringing you some Cookie Times. Just be nice when you pass
me.

--
GizmoDuck

The Uninam Tour 2008.....Hanoi to Saigon!!! www.uninam.net

The SINZ Unicycle Tour 2007....South Island, New Zealand
www.sinzuni.org

The Induni Unicycle Tour 2009. Unicycle Tour of India. Email me for
details.
Old June 11th 08, 06:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
TonyMelton

Relax, James - I have your Cookie Times! Though I might make you do your
famous elbow trick a few times before giving them to you.

--
TonyMelton

Even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day.
Old June 11th 08, 07:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GizmoDuck

TonyMelton wrote:

I'm using 175mm cranks on my 24" for RTL. Gonna be awesome!

Now Tony is really taking the ****. That's just silly.

Having said that, what he's really not telling you, is that due to a
hormonal problem, he's put on 30kg since Unicon 13. So when you pass
some fat guy from Team NZUNI, please spare a thought for us slow Kiwis
from down under.

Our aim is to finish the race And hopefully make each days time
limit.

Old June 11th 08, 07:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
harper

GizmoDuck wrote:

Having said that, what he's really not telling you, is that due to a
hormonal problem, he's put on 30kg since Unicon 13. So when you pass
some fat guy from Team NZUNI, please spare a thought for us slow Kiwis
from down under.

Tony Melton can't be stopped. Tony Melton can't be passed. You could
put not 30kg but 300kg on Tony Melton and he would simply not notice.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

"In general, I'd like everyone to just stop treating one another like
crap. I see it every day. It sucks." - SqueakyOnion
Old June 11th 08, 07:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GizmoDuck

harper wrote:
Tony Melton can't be stopped. Tony Melton can't be passed. You could put
not 30kg but 300kg on Tony Melton and he would simply not notice.

I don't think it's the weight as such. He is a very strong guy. But
it's the fact that his thighs rub together. By the time he's ridden a
few km's, his thighs are raw from all that chafing. I'm bringing a
huge tub of anti-chafe cream for him.

Please, don't anyone feed him any donuts during the race. We have
enough problems on Team NZUNI without him putting more weight on.

Old June 11th 08, 10:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nexty

GizmoDuck wrote:
I'll bring you some Peanut Slabs. I believe Tony Melton is bringing you
some Cookie Times.

and I'll bring the vegemite!

--
nexty
Old June 11th 08, 10:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Kiwi in Vermont

Ken, Thanks for bringing the Peanut Slabs!! I'm salivating already
(actually I am, which is kind an odd feeling at 6am, must be a
"pavlov's dog" kind of thing).

Geoff, Vegemite would be good. Although you can actually get it here if
you hunt around. I like it but just now and then.
My wife was thrilled about a year ago when my big jar ran out. She
always told me it would make me sick since it clearly said "use by Nov
89" on the side. I told her the stuff lasts forever!

Heading off for RTL in an hour (leisurely drive up and around) . .
WooHooo

See you all soon. Safe travels.

--
Kiwi in Vermont
Old June 11th 08, 12:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unijuul

Ken, how do you feel the road bike training influence your unicycle
training. I do some training on my bicycle as riding mountain bike and
road bike before. But if I feel comfortable on my unicycle I feel not
god on my bicycle. I think the high cadence on short cranks on my
unicycle really destroy my legs for the mountain bike. I feel that the
cranks on my bike are a way to long, with the result to get very fast
stiff in my legs.

--
unijuul

www.unijuul.com
Old June 11th 08, 12:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nexty

Kiwi in Vermont wrote:
Geoff, Vegemite would be good. Although you can actually get it here if
you hunt around. I like it but just now and then.
My wife was thrilled about a year ago when my big jar ran out. She
always told me it would make me sick since it clearly said "use by Nov
89" on the side. I told her the stuff lasts forever!

I've packed more than a few jars and tubes of it; enough to cover
certain sections of roads?

All the northern hemisphere riders slipping and sliding, they won't
know what hit th......!

--
nexty