The Shed Thread

Old June 7th 12, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Default The Shed Thread

On Thu, 07 Jun 2012 07:20:36 +0100, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

On Thu, 07 Jun 2012 00:21:22 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

On 06/06/2012 21:52, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 17:40:10 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

Wriggling Cwipsins "good explanation" 2:

"I charge the same as PoundLand".

"Cheap crap" was the explaination I gave - along with a link
explaining why Poundland was doing so well during the financial
crisis.

And you made no comment on the fact that I'm the most expensive handyman
in the area - did you?

You conveniently left that bit out of your "explaination". Are you
really a teacher?

So both Wriggling Cwipsins "good explanations" have been shown to be
completely and utterly laughable.

2/10 must try harder.

Can't wait for Wriggling Cwipsins "good explanation" 3:

The class is waiting boy.

Give details of your accounts for the past five years, and I will pass
judgement.

If you're too coy to give figures, express as a percentage of 2000's
gross income and net profit.

You are a nosey ****.

--

Bertie Wooster's real name is Tom Crispin.
He uses the name Bertie Wooster so that people involved with

Old June 7th 12, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 07/06/2012 09:28, Bertie Wooster wrote:

wrote:

[...]

This has nothing to do with my accounts, don't change the subject& try
to wriggle again.

The question remains unanswered; are you are able to explain how I have
not only survived, but prospered during the worst recession in living
memory, or how I have retained my Trading Standards accreditation?

We onlt have your word on this (and we all know how crass your word
is). Now put up, or shut up (preferably shut up).

Only (or onlt) a complete fool would publish details of his finances
online. You would have to be utterly stupid to do so. Oh - you did.

This has nothing to do with my accounts, that is simply a diversionary
tactic - or wriggle as we know it - because you can't answer.

Now answer the question and stop wriggling; are you are able to explain
how I have not only survived, but prospered during the worst recession
in living memory, or how I have retained my Trading Standards accreditation?

University
Old June 7th 12, 10:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

Default Will Wriggling Cwispin ever give a straight answer to a question?

I wonder what happened when Cwispin got married and he had to say "I do"?

University
Old June 7th 12, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Thu, 07 Jun 2012 09:35:32 +0100, Judith
wrote:

On Thu, 07 Jun 2012 09:05:47 +0100, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

On Thu, 07 Jun 2012 04:31:36 +0100, jnugent
wrote:

On 06/06/2012 20:16, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 17:31:20 +0100,
wrote:

On 06/06/2012 13:47, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 12:47:33 +0100,
wrote:

On 06/06/2012 12:32, thirty-six wrote:
On Jun 6, 7:48 am, Bertie wrote:
On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 02:11:56 +0100,
wrote:

On 06/06/2012 00:11, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:
On 05/06/2012 22:10, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Tue, 5 Jun 2012 21:40:19 +0100,
wrote:

"Bertie Wooster" wrote in message

On Tue, 5 Jun 2012 18:36:24 +0100,
wrote:

"Bertie Wooster" wrote in message

On Tue, 5 Jun 2012 19:52:16 +0300, davethedave
wrote:

On Tue, 05 Jun 2012 17:35:58 +0100, jnugent wrote:

Does a hosepipe ban prevent one from washing a car using a bucket
(just
like you'd have to with water from a water butt)?

What is banned? Clean cars or hosepipes?

The use of hosepipes domestically. You can quite happily take it to
a man
who runs a car washing business and pay him to use a hosepipe on it.

Is the wrong answer.

Care to explain why?
Unless the BBC have got it all wrong, of course:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17615364

Do keep up!

The ban is not a blanket ban on the use of hosepipes. The example I
gave earlier was of the domestic use of a hosepipe attached to a water
butt.

So how did that make the previous poster's comment on taking your car
to a
car wash wrong?

You can take your car to a car wash. However, the assertion was made
that "The use of hosepipes domestically" are banned.

Wriggling like the worm you are again Cwispin.

Mr Nugent stated;
"You can quite happily take it to a man who runs a car washing business
and pay him to use a hosepipe on it".

You replied;
"Is the wrong answer".

You ****ed up again pure& simple and now you are wriggling.

Actually, it was not I who wrote: "You can quite happily take it to a
man who runs a car washing business and pay him to use a hosepipe on it".

I only asked what advantage there in drawing a bucket of water from a
butt as opposed to drawing it from the garden tap (or even from the
kitchen mixer taps, hotter than body temperature). Neither seems to be
illegal unless there is a ban on washing cars (which there isn't).

Assuming the bucket is 10L, and you are on a water meter, one
advantage is 1.2263 pence for the water and another 0.6473 pence for
sewerage. Clare also reckons rainwater (even from a butt) is better
for plants than treated water.

Grow some lettuce on rainwater then water with tap water and watch it
wilt. When it eventually picks up, do a taste comparison. It might
help you decide what to stuff down your throat in future.

What's the connection with hosepipe bans?

A hosepipe connected to the mains can water lettuce with treated
water; a hosepipe connected to a water butt can water lettuce with
rainwater. But with the hosepipe ban in place you are not allowed to
water lettuce with a hosepipe connected to mains water.

Perhaps I ought to have been clearer: what's the advantage, with special
reference to a hosepipe ban?

You can still use a hosepipe connected to a water butt when there's a
hosepipe ban in place.

Is there a gravity-using technique (eg, raising the height of the butt
like a water tower), or is some sort of syphoning system necessary?

I raise the butt as high as is safe.

In this photo you can see the butt is on a stand which is on a
concrete shelf so that the tap is about 18" above patio level
http://www.britishschoolofcycling.co.../shed/butt.jpg
When full the water level in the butt will be about 4' above patio
level and so water will come out of a hose which is below that level.
My lawn is about 3" below patio level, and the flower beds are about
1' above patio level. Pressure can be increased with the use of an
electric pump, but unless that is powered from a battery charged from
solar pannels on the shed roof, the cost benefit of using rainwater
over mains water is lost.

Indeed - every little helps.

I'm sure you've heard the saying, Judith. Save the pennies and the
pounds will look after themselves. Unfortunately, a mini 60w solar
power station will cost 84,900 pennies:
http://www.thesolarcentre.co.uk/prod...60w-600-6.html

That's a hell of a lot of pennies to save: about 170,000 urinations
with a flush every second pee.
Old June 7th 12, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

I'm note sure that I'd put it in those terms.

If Medwit wants me to conduct an analysis of his business model, which
he has asked me to do several times, I do need at least some facts and
figures.

Simply stating that his business is thriving, and that he hardly pays
any tax is simply not sufficient for even a cursory analysis.

On the other hand, the photos on his website, of presumably his very
best work, leaves much cause for concern.

One white plank:
http://medwayhandyman.co.uk/scotts%20deck3.jpg
Old June 7th 12, 09:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

wrote:

[...]

I would.

If Medwit wants me to conduct an analysis of his business model, which
he has asked me to do several times, I do need at least some facts and
figures.

Why would I ask a gibbering idiot like you to "conduct an analysis of my
business model"? You can't even add up or spell properly.

I've asked you to answer a simple question without wriggling - which you
are unable to do.

Simply stating that his business is thriving, and that he hardly pays
any tax is simply not sufficient for even a cursory analysis.

80% of new start business's fail in the first year. I've been around
for over 5 during the worse recession in living memory.

On the other hand, the photos on his website, of presumably his very
best work, leaves much cause for concern.

I've been Trading Standards accredited for over 4 years.

One white plank:
http://medwayhandyman.co.uk/scotts%20deck3.jpg

Displaying your ignorance again idiot boy? That 'white plank' is a
board with excess tanalizing treatment - which washes off after the
first shower of rain. The next door neighbours asked me to build them a
deck. The original deck owners now want a balustrade put around it.

Now, back to the question;

You have stated on many occasions that my work is all bodged and that I
rip people off. You have no evidence to support such a claim, it's
simply that you are desperate to score points.

The question is; If I'm as incompetent as you claim, how have I
survived for over 5 years during the worse recession in living memory
and how have I retained my Trading Standards accreditation?

I'm sure you can explain. Your previous "good explanations" have been
completely discredited and have made you a laughing stock.

Now answer the question wriggler.

University
Old June 7th 12, 09:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Thu, 07 Jun 2012 21:00:55 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

http://medwayhandyman.co.uk/scotts%20deck3.jpg

Displaying your ignorance again idiot boy? That 'white plank' is a
board with excess tanalizing treatment

It looks to me like One White Plank.
Old June 7th 12, 09:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

wrote:

http://medwayhandyman.co.uk/scotts%20deck3.jpg

Displaying your ignorance again idiot boy? That 'white plank' is a
board with excess tanalizing treatment

It looks to me like One White Plank.

That's because you are an idiot.

No answer to the question I see Captain Wriggler?

University
Old June 8th 12, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Thu, 07 Jun 2012 21:00:55 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

snip

You have stated on many occasions that my work is all bodged and that I
rip people off. You have no evidence to support such a claim, it's
simply that you are desperate to score points.

The question is; If I'm as incompetent as you claim, how have I
survived for over 5 years during the worse recession in living memory
and how have I retained my Trading Standards accreditation?

I'm sure you can explain. Your previous "good explanations" have been
completely discredited and have made you a laughing stock.

Now answer the question wriggler.

He really is not bright is he?

He is lucky that you are not at all litigious.

Old June 8th 12, 09:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 17:40:10 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

A: Over £1,000,000 per year;
B: £500,000 to £1,000,000;
C: £250,000 to £500,000;
D: £100,000 to £250,000;
E: £50,000 to £100,000
F: under £50,000

D: Considerably more than a failed, middle aged primary school teacher.

At £20 per hour you must have worked between 5000 and 12,500 hours
last year to make £100,000 to £250,000. That's working an average of
between 100 and 250 hours per week (with 2 weeks' holiday).

But hark! There are but 168 hours in a week. That gives an absolute
upper limit on your earnings on £168,000, provided the £20 per hour
average is about right.

Methinks thou dost exaggerate thy earnings somewhat. Verily, there is
a whiff of bull**** about thy person.

Shed Brian G UK 31 August 1st 07 05:39 PM
Shed got broken into! Eddbmxdude Unicycling 15 October 14th 06 07:24 PM
shed humping(bad shed) the unicycle man(one of many) Recumbent Biking 0 September 2nd 06 06:34 AM
Every home (or shed) should have one! cfsmtb Australia 30 September 1st 06 01:40 AM
My Shed Just zis Guy, you know? UK 17 July 3rd 04 12:54 PM