Speeding cyclist in park mows down child, breaking her leg

Old June 7th 16, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Speeding cyclist in park mows down child, breaking her leg

“I want him to know what he did—she was in hospital three days and had
to go in for surgery and couldn’t eat or drink for 24 hours before her
operation.”

Grace’s left leg and shinbone broke when the cyclist fell onto her as he
careered onto the grass—in front of her horrified mum sitting on a park
bench just a few feet away where she had been keeping watch on her.

“I was terrified and went into a state of shock,” the mother-of-two
recalls. “The cyclist came from nowhere speeding passed me on the grass
where Grace was standing and went over the crossbars and fell on top of
her. I was hysterical.”

The cyclist, thought to be in his 20s, who was wearing a black flatcap
back-to-front and blue-tinted sunglasses, in T-shirt and shorts, had
swerved to avoid a four-year-old child on the footpath and ended up
hitting Grace.

He walked out of the park with his bike while the ambulance crew were
treating Grace before taken her to hospital.

“A witness saw him on a mobile phone looking backwards while he was
racing along the path,” Laura added.

http://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.u..._leg_1_4567048
Old June 7th 16, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 07/06/2016 18:18, MrCheerful wrote:
[...]

Much good it will do to bar cyclists from the park.

You might just as well make it compulsory for cyclists to stop at red
traffic lights.
Old June 7th 16, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen

MrCheerful wrote:

“I want him to know what he did—she was in hospital three days and had
to go in for surgery and couldn’t eat or drink for 24 hours before her
operation.”

Meanwhile, _five_ people killed every single day in Britain, by car
drivers. Worldwide, today saw 3,424 people killed by cars (source:
International Traffic Safety Data and Analysis Group, and the World Health
Organization). Yesterday saw around the same number, and tomorrow will see
the same number. Almost three and a half thousand people killed every
single day by drivers.

And this ****ing spastic whines because a child gets a broken leg.

Go and ****ing slit your useless wrists, you ****ing pile of waste.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
Old June 7th 16, 09:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen

JNugent wrote:
On 07/06/2016 18:18, MrCheerful wrote:

“I want him to know what he did—she was in hospital three days and had
to go in for surgery and couldn’t eat or drink for 24 hours before her
operation.”

Much good it will do to bar cyclists from the park.

You might just as well make it compulsory for cyclists to stop at red
traffic lights.

'14% of drivers jump red lights, as opposed to 10% of cyclists'
(source: Direct Line survey, August 2011 and Sunday Times research
November 2013)

**** off to a motoring newsgroup, you retarded ape.

Old June 8th 16, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Tuesday, June 7, 2016 at 6:30:59 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

Much good it will do to bar cyclists from the park.

The article said they only want to ban cycle racing in the park.
No evidence that a cycle race was in progress at the time.

Of course, had the child been wearing a helmet this would not have happened.

You might just as well make it compulsory for cyclists to stop at red
traffic lights.

I think we should change speed limits for motor vehicles from advisory to compulsory.

Old June 9th 16, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 08/06/2016 17:07, Simon Jester wrote:

On Tuesday, June 7, 2016 at 6:30:59 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

Much good it will do to bar cyclists from the park.

The article said they only want to ban cycle racing in the park.

It disn't say that. It says they want cyclists banned from racing
through the park. "Racing" in that context is just a synonym for
"cycling at speed" and carries no implication of organised or impromptu
competition between cyclists.

No evidence that a cycle race was in progress at the time.

Since cycle-racing, in the normal sense, is not the issue, that's not
exactly surprising, is it?

There was, however, as I'm sure you noticed, some evidence of
inappropriate speed by cyclists:

"The Advertiser found several cyclists tearing through the play area in
the few short minutes we interviewed Laura—only one slowed down...".

Of course, had the child been wearing a helmet this would not have happened.

Hilarious.

You might just as well make it compulsory for cyclists to stop at red
traffic lights.

I think we should change speed limits for motor vehicles from advisory to compulsory.

Ah, yes... the usual attempt at a cop-out by trying to deflect the blame
onto someone else entirely.

Well done.

Or something.
Old June 9th 16, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson

On Tue, 07 Jun 2016 21:11:00 +0100, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:

JNugent wrote:
On 07/06/2016 18:18, MrCheerful wrote:

“I want him to know what he did—she was in hospital three days and had
to go in for surgery and couldn’t eat or drink for 24 hours before her
operation.”

Much good it will do to bar cyclists from the park.

You might just as well make it compulsory for cyclists to stop at red
traffic lights.

'14% of drivers jump red lights, as opposed to 10% of cyclists'
(source: Direct Line survey, August 2011 and Sunday Times research
November 2013)

**** off to a motoring newsgroup, you retarded ape.

14% is wrong. I jump red lights and virtually never se anyone else do the same. Amber maybe.

--
Chaos will reign over order - it's easier to implement.
Old June 9th 16, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson

On Wed, 08 Jun 2016 17:24:54 +0100, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:

Simon Jester wrote:
On Tuesday, June 7, 2016 at 6:30:59 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

You might just as well make it compulsory for cyclists to stop at red
traffic lights.

I think we should change speed limits for motor vehicles from advisory to
compulsory.

And...

SLAP !!!!

I take it his post went right over your head.

--
What's long and pink and hard in the morning?
The Financial Times crossword.
Old June 9th 16, 12:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson

On Tue, 07 Jun 2016 18:18:18 +0100, MrCheerful wrote:

[...]

So one stupid little kid was standing in the middle of the path and caused the cyclist to avoid her, but collide with another. The only thing the cyclist did wrong is to collide with the wrong brat.

--
Oh my goodness what a caper, someone's ****ed on the magic paper.