Know Your Recumbents!

Old December 18th 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
DougC

Default Know Your Recumbents!

This is the part where I tell you your bicycle sucks and you should get
rid of it.

Wait,,,, no!

I'm not telling you that.
But I /have/ drawn up a quick guide to some of the major types of
recumbent bikes commonly available.

Lots of times I have seen riders of upright bikes brag about passing
"slow recumbents", without being aware of the widely different
performance of various types of recumbents. Some types are significantly
easier to go fast on than others are; these charts are an attempt to
explain that.

http://www.norcom2000.com/users/dcim...ide/bents.html

Note: /before/ you brag about passing "a recumbent", you might want to
make sure it is one of the faster types.
~
Old December 19th 06, 10:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Roger Zoul

I just got a stratus XP (26/26 LWB) and so far as I as fast or faster than I
am on my DF. On hills I'm no slower but on flats I'm faster.

"DougC" wrote in message

:: This is the part where I tell you your bicycle sucks and
:: you should get rid of it.
::
:: Wait,,,, no!
::
:: I'm not telling you that.
:: But I /have/ drawn up a quick guide to some of the major
:: types of recumbent bikes commonly available.
::
:: Lots of times I have seen riders of upright bikes brag
:: about passing "slow recumbents", without being aware of
:: the widely different performance of various types of
:: recumbents. Some types are significantly easier to go
:: fast on than others are; these charts are an attempt to
:: explain that.
::
::
http://www.norcom2000.com/users/dcim...ide/bents.html
::
::
:: Note: /before/ you brag about passing "a recumbent", you
:: might want to make sure it is one of the faster types.
:: ~

Recumbents, where are they? Duram Recumbent Biking 10 January 31st 07 08:02 PM
Recumbents Wayne Recumbent Biking 0 December 21st 05 04:30 AM
Of recumbents Jon Senior UK 8 November 14th 05 11:30 PM
Any used recumbents in DFW? Tracer Recumbent Biking 10 August 23rd 05 11:23 PM
Recumbents Doki UK 30 June 22nd 04 07:16 PM