Pacific Northwest 2005 Unicycling Dates

Old February 7th 05, 04:45 AM
UniBrier

Default Pacific Northwest 2005 Unicycling Dates

There will be several opportunities for unicyclist’s gatherings this
year.

Mark your calendars for these. Each will probably get its own thread as
things get closer.

April 9 – Saturday.

This is the date of the Panther Pride Gumbo Feed at North Bend
Elementary. The Gumbo Feed is a fund raiser for their NAUCC trip.

This year there will be Unicycle Workshops/Skills Clinics, including
Trials, from 2:00 until 5:00, Gumbo Feed from 5:30 until 7:00 and a
Public Show at 7:15.

June 17 – 19

Seattle International Juggling Festival. The 'Cascade Jugglers'
(http://www.cascadejugglers.org/index.shtml) Seventh Annual Festival.

We plan on unicycling workshops again on Saturday, June 18.

July 9

Too soon to announce details but keep the date marked.

August 19 – 21

'Fifth Coeur d’ Alene Juggling & Unicycling Festival'
(http://www.cdajamminjugglers.homestead.com/)

If you know of any others feel free to post them here.

--
UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

Steve

Do your feet smell? Does you nose run?...You may be built upside down.
-Old joke I found in a Mad Magazine many moons ago.

UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

Old February 7th 05, 06:34 AM
harper

Sunday, 14 February 2005

Meet with Florian Schlumpf. Largest collection of geared unicycles in
one place? Red Square, University of Washington. 12:00PM. Schlumpf's
geared unicycle, BlueShift, Purple Phaze.

Sunday, 28 August 2005

Greg Harper's 53rd Birthday Iron Horse Trail Ride (2nd annual brithday
ride)

--
harper - Riding a Fat

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

JC is the ONLY main man.

Old February 7th 05, 07:55 AM
jsm

Sorry to say it, but the Couer d'Alene festival hardly qualifies as a
unicycling event. I was there last year, and aside from Tom Blackwood (I
didn't meet him, but I saw his Coker lying outside the gym) and myself,
there weren't many serious unicyclists there. None of the events, except
for one or two workshops, had anything to do with unicycling; they
didn't even schedule a group ride, or anything. Very frustrating. Unless
you juggle too, that festival would definitely not be worth your time. I
wasn't even allowed to ride in the gym, even though it was 95-100
degrees outside. Is anyone planning to go anyway though? It would be fun
to schedule a ride along the the shore of Lake Couer d'Alene.

--
jsm - Dark and stormy stand-up wheel walk

Help edit the Unicyclopedia!
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia
jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911

Old February 7th 05, 08:43 AM
tomblackwood

jsm wrote:
*Sorry to say it, but the Couer d'Alene festival hardly qualifies as a
unicycling event. Is anyone planning to go anyway though? It would be
fun to schedule a ride along the the shore of Lake Couer d'Alene. *

Have to agree with jsm on that one...it is not a unicycling event at
all, although I did have some fun riding around the town and the lake
path on my 36-er. There was a beginner workshop, ably taught each year
by Jim Chase, but nothing above that.

That said, it's absolutely my favorite juggling festival, and we'll be
there again this year. Great way to combine a few days of late summer
vacation with a couple days of great juggling.

Steve: there is also the Sultan Unicycle Jamboree, which is Saturday May
21. From the last dialog I had, I believe Lars Claussen and family will
be attending again.

--
tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

Tailgate at your own risk.....

Old February 7th 05, 02:56 PM
UniBrier

Thanks for the feed back on Couer d'Alene. I've never gone but when I
spoke and exchanged e-mails with the organizers last year he seemed
really intent on promoting unicycles too. Maybe it just needs more time
to develop that part. There must be some good Muni in that skinny part
of Idaho.

The Sultan event is slowly growing in size but has been by invitation. I
didn't feel I could announce an open invitation to all comers at this
point.

And...cool, the GHBIHTR is now annual!

For now, all you PNW riders, make every effort to make it to NB on April
9.

Old February 7th 05, 04:35 PM
UniBrier

harper wrote:
*Sunday, 14 February 2005*

That's Sunday *13* February 2005.

Can't keep your mind of Valentines Day, can you?

Old February 7th 05, 09:36 PM
JamesH

March 11 - 13 (Friday - Sunday)

'Victoria juggling fest' (http://daria.5thplane.com:8080/vicjugfest/)

I don't know how much unicycling there will be but as mentioned in
another thread Kris is doing a muni workshop there.

--
JamesH - Back into the swing of things
JamesH's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4438

Old June 10th 05, 03:28 PM
UniBrier

Time to bump:

'Saturday, June 18, Seattle International Juggling Festival'
(http://tinyurl.com/afgrx)

'Saturday, July 9, Redmond Derby Days' (http://tinyurl.com/ex7b4)

Sunday, August 28, International Harper Day ride: Greg Harper's 53rd
Birthday Iron Horse Trail Ride (2nd annual brithday ride)

--
UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

Steve DeKoekkoek

Hop Drop & Roll