Caliper Brake Toe in

Old July 11th 06, 01:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
andy

Default Caliper Brake Toe in

I searched and found some posts by Jobst saying it was not necessary but I
have never had a problem like the shimano long reach brakes I just got. The
right rear arm seems impossible to set up w/o the rear of the brake pad
closer to the rim than the front.
1. Should I worry?
2. Should I bend the arm, as the park tool existence would suggest is
plausible?
3. Should I purchase the Kool Stop pad holder w/ toe in adjustment? ($25).
4. Should I punt?
TIA.
Andy

Old July 11th 06, 07:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jim beam

andy wrote:
I searched and found some posts by Jobst saying it was not necessary but I
have never had a problem like the shimano long reach brakes I just got. The
right rear arm seems impossible to set up w/o the rear of the brake pad
closer to the rim than the front.
1. Should I worry?
2. Should I bend the arm, as the park tool existence would suggest is
plausible?
3. Should I purchase the Kool Stop pad holder w/ toe in adjustment? ($25).
4. Should I punt?
TIA.
Andy

in terms of grit embedding, that's a good thing, not bad. if it's toed
so the front touches first, grit can slide into the "wedge" gap and get
jammed. if you're worried, get the orbitally adjustable holders -
that's the strategy shimano themselves have recently adopted and what
campy have done for ages.

Brakes on a 24"? innes Unicycling 17 January 19th 07 06:57 AM
WTB: Dura Ace rear brake caliper [email protected] Marketplace 0 December 9th 05 08:22 PM
Tyre Pressure Peter McCallum Australia 25 June 2nd 05 10:39 AM
Help Requested With Late-90's Record Brake Caliper David White Techniques 2 April 3rd 05 03:26 PM
disc brake caliper numbers Richard Goodman UK 2 September 3rd 03 12:13 AM