Kid's U-brake levers?

Old December 28th 05, 07:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Kid's U-brake levers?

Hi,

My son has some Tektro MTB levers on his new bike. They have a
set-screw to adjust the reach of the lever, but it is far from optimal.
The pivot could be at least 1.5-2cm closer to the bar and the levers
could have a different angle to suit kid's hands. Particularly with
winter gloves, grabbing the levers significantly compromises his
ability to hold the bar securely at the same time.

Any suggestions on good kid-optimized U-brake levers?

Joseph

Old December 29th 05, 08:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

In article .com,
wrote:

My son has some Tektro MTB levers on his new bike. They have a
set-screw to adjust the reach of the lever, but it is far from optimal.
The pivot could be at least 1.5-2cm closer to the bar and the levers
could have a different angle to suit kid's hands. Particularly with
winter gloves, grabbing the levers significantly compromises his
ability to hold the bar securely at the same time.

Any suggestions on good kid-optimized U-brake levers?

My kids have the same problems, makes me feel that makers of those
bikes don't have kids, otherwise they would have known it much better.

Anyway, I have no knowledge of kid-optimized brake levers, instead I
have the adjusting screws fully turned in, to allow that, I had to
loosen the brake cable at the tumblers. Having the adjusting screws
fully turned in helps a bit, not a perfect solution, but at least my
kids will be able to operate them.