Slight dislocation

Old November 24th 07, 09:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CoreTechs

Default Slight dislocation

I was practicing my SIF hops up three pallets earlier and didn't quite
make it. The uni slipped and I fell, resulting in a strange, warm
feeling in my leg. I knew what it was instantly. I dislocated my knee.
Scrambling seconds later, I managed to pop it back in. I can walk fine
now with the exception of a little pain. But I tried to uni and it
hurts slightly more when I try. I was practicing before doing a bit of
filming so unfortunately I don't have any footage of it to review.

--
CoreTechs

UNICYCLE FOR CHRIST

And get 'LOST' (www.lost.eu/69d9c).
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 24th 07, 11:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

Give it a week to heal, then it should be fine. (me thinks)

--
thejdw

I didn't spell it wrong, you just read it wrong!
kington99 wrote:
A hobnob is an oaty biscuit, the fact that they don't exist in america
just goes to show that you have no culinary heritage

don't follow Jesus, follow me!

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 24th 07, 11:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Borgschulze

I skipped school on Wednesday due to back pain which started last
Sunday.

Today is nearly gone, tomorrow should be healed completely...

I hope your injury heals quick, knee injuries are pretty much the worst
kind of injury to have, equal to back injuries I would say.

--
Borgschulze

'deviantART'
(http://borgschulze.deviantart.com/)'Gravity'
(http://videos.observedtrials.net/Gravity.wmv) is -not- the
issue.
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 24th 07, 11:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CoreTechs

I just went out on my uni and rode down the street and it seems mostly
fine right now. But I think I should give it a few days before I do
anything intense.

Old November 25th 07, 01:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Borgschulze

Definitely take a brake for a couple days.

I rode on Tuesday when it was really nice out, and Wednesday... had to
skip school because the pain was 10x as bad.

Old November 25th 07, 02:02 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GizmoDuck

CoreTechs wrote:
I was practicing my SIF hops up three pallets earlier and didn't quite
make it. The uni slipped and I fell, resulting in a strange, warm
feeling in my leg. I knew what it was instantly. I dislocated my knee.
Scrambling seconds later, I managed to pop it back in. I can walk fine
now with the exception of a little pain. But I tried to uni and it
hurts slightly more when I try. I was practicing before doing a bit of
filming so unfortunately I don't have any footage of it to review.

Sounds like you dislocated your patella/kneecap rather than your knee.
You would have to rip all the ligaments apart to actually dislocate
your knee, and you wouldn't be walkin'

--
GizmoDuck

The Uninam Tour 2008.....Hanoi to Saigon!!! www.uninam.net

The Monguni 2009....Unicycle Tour of Mongolia

Email me for details.
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 25th 07, 03:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Matt_V

I have done a similar thing to my knee when I was trying seat wraps.

It felt like my knee just gave out, I was lying on the road and my knee
felt like it was on fire. I got up and could barely walk, but I limped
back inside. It was really sore for a while, but after about a week it
was fine. After that if I moved it the wrong way I would begin to feel
that same kind of pain again, but it hasn't happened for a few months.

--
Matt_V

-Matt
My msn: - Add me if you wish
|'New Uni' (http://tinyurl.com/39mt6k)|
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64604)|
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 25th 07, 03:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Buddy

GizmoDuck wrote:
Sounds like you dislocated your patella/kneecap rather than your knee.
You would have to rip all the ligaments apart to actually dislocate
your knee, and you wouldn't be walkin'

That's not entirely true. It all depends on which bone dislocated. I
have dislocated my knee (not the knee cap - fibular head dislocated)
three times now and I was perfectly fine once my dad maneuvered it back
in.

--
Buddy

Leah "The Buddy"

how i miss my old account...
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 25th 07, 06:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cyclmck

Buddy wrote:
That's not entirely true. It all depends on which bone dislocated. I
have dislocated my knee (not the knee cap - fibular head dislocated)
three times now and I was perfectly fine once my dad maneuvered it back
in.

After I dislocated my elbow I had to have the ER put it back in and my
arm was unusable(after 2 weeks I had to do a small number of stretches
each day for therapy) and in a sling for a month while it healed.

--
cyclmck
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 25th 07, 07:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GizmoDuck

Buddy wrote:
That's not entirely true. It all depends on which bone dislocated. I
have dislocated my knee (not the knee cap - fibular head dislocated)
three times now and I was perfectly fine once my dad maneuvered it back
in.

Your fibula is not part of your knee joint. The knee joint is the
articulation between your tibia and femur.

Patella dislocations are painful and can be recurrent, but hardly as
serious as a knee dislocation...which would involve disrupting your
cruciate and collateral ligaments (*ouch*).