rear derailleur and friction shifting

Old October 4th 12, 02:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected][_2_]

Default rear derailleur and friction shifting

On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 9:11:32 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Will any derailleur span through the 10 speed cassette range in friction mode? Im not asking about whether or not it is difficult or possible to shift. I want to know if it will be able to move between the largest and lowest cog. Wondering if limit screws will interfere with the range.

Thnxs

thanks everyone. Iove friction. I had it on a nine and when I switch to ten I got sram bar end clicks. After a while it started to hesitating between some gears and there is one in which the gear plays a symphony of brass and drums.

Ive had this problem before with all my clickers. They last a couple of years and then, there is a gear in which I can never get it perfect. I always end up trading for friction.

I tested the cassette with an older barcon shifter. It shifted the ten speed setup great, but it only went up 7 gears. I thought of filing it to create more room (I've done this before). I decided to order the dia compe shifters instead, which are absolutely awesome.