Do bicycles and cars mix?

Old August 13th 03, 08:56 PM

Default Do bicycles and cars mix?

Krist wrote in message
Keith F. Lynch wrote in message

Tranasit makes it harder for people to get to work.

If this were true, nobody would ride it to work.
--

Sure you would. Anything highly subsidized will get some takers.

Unsubsidezed transit does exist, you know...

--
Krist

It used to.

Old August 13th 03, 10:00 PM
Pete

wrote

Garages are used to store crap. Cars sit outside and take up no housing
space. Few houses even have a garage.

Oh, don't backpedal. Just admit you are wrong, and you pulled that "50 or
more" out of your ass.
Much as quite a lot of your comments.

Pete

Old August 14th 03, 12:22 AM
Baxter

Free software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com

wrote in message
hlink.net...

Garages are used to store crap. Cars sit outside and take up no housing
space. Few houses even have a garage.

Not everywhere, Georgie Porgie. Not everywhere. You DO have to remember
that other parts of the country have permanent buildings and not just
trailers on blocks.

Old August 14th 03, 12:31 AM
Jack May

"Baxter" wrote in message

Garages are used to store crap. Cars sit outside and take up no

housing
space. Few houses even have a garage.

Not everywhere, Georgie Porgie. Not everywhere. You DO have to remember
that other parts of the country have permanent buildings and not just
trailers on blocks.

When he says "Few houses even have a garage" he obviously means that they
have a space that is normally called a garage but is really used as a
storage space.

I have my car in the garage instead of using it for storage. People often
comment how rare that is.

My main transportation is a motorcycle which is almost never in the garage,
so the garage is somewhat storage for my least used vehicle. What he said
is well know to be true.

Old August 14th 03, 01:02 AM
Matthew Russotto

In article ,
Keith F. Lynch wrote:

I assume she took Metro? Cars may be necessary in the countryside,
but they're out of place in the city. They take up valuable real
estate, and they travel slower than pedestrians.

ROTFL. The claims just get wilder and wilder.
--
Matthew T. Russotto
of justice is no virtue." But extreme restriction of liberty in pursuit of
Old August 14th 03, 01:04 AM
dizzy

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 23:31:07 GMT, "Jack May"
wrote:

I have my car in the garage instead of using it for storage. People often
comment how rare that is.

People are idiots, and garages are for cars.

Old August 14th 03, 01:06 AM
dizzy

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 18:40:32 GMT, "Rick" wrote:

PS: My garage is more than 700 sq. ft. in a 1800 sq. ft. house. While it can
hold 2 cars and stuff, its primary intention was to store cars. That it
doesn't do so is a sad claim to past consumerism, thoug it does protect my
bikes, now.

Don't blame the past. Use the present to get rid of things you don't
use.

Old August 14th 03, 02:05 AM
Jack May

"dizzy" wrote in message

People are idiots, and garages are for cars.

People are smart, they solve problems with the limited resources available
to them.

People are creative, they are not constrained by rigid, arbitrary
definitions like "garages are for cars"

Old August 14th 03, 02:42 AM

Pete wrote in message

wrote

Garages are used to store crap. Cars sit outside and take up no

housing
space. Few houses even have a garage.

Oh, don't backpedal. Just admit you are wrong, and you pulled that "50 or
more" out of your ass.
Much as quite a lot of your comments.

Pete

Actually it was an underestimate. It should have been about 100.

Old August 14th 03, 02:44 AM

wrote:

I have my car in the garage instead of using it for storage. People

often
comment how rare that is.

People are idiots, and garages are for cars.

They often get turned into spare rooms too.