What I want for Christmas

Old November 26th 03, 07:07 PM
[Not Responding]

Default What I want for Christmas

My wife wanted to know what I wanted for Christmas and fairly early on
I think I muttered something about a new bike.

I might even have uttered the words 'airbourne' or 'that new
cannondale with the Rohloff hub gear' and 'Ive read a lot about
recumbents'. I also think I mentioned that Roberts have my
measurements and a purpose built audax machine would be great.

I didn't want to appear too keen, you know.

She, on the other hand, seems to think that one bike is enough. I
pointed out that this was a widespread fallacy and as evidence I cited
you lot.

"All the others have more than one bike"

"Which others?",

"You know the urc lot, the audax list people, the uk-uc mob"

"I'm not convinced that they actually exist" was her opinion.

Obviously I have a little work to do over the next few weeks.

So, anything on your wish lists?
Old November 26th 03, 07:12 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

"I'm not convinced that they actually exist" was her opinion.

Obviously I have a little work to do over the next few weeks.

Good grief! Get her to read my postings! One can never have too many bikes,
bike bits, accessories etc.,m or spend too much money on bikes, bike bits,
accessories etc.

And I'm a wife!

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Old November 26th 03, 07:51 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

[Not Responding] wrote:

So, anything on your wish lists?

Two bikes with an average of two wheels each: a Trice Monster and a unicycle
;-)

--
Guy
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk
Old November 27th 03, 12:04 PM
Dave Larrington

[Not Responding] wrote:

So, anything on your wish lists?

Trice XXL for me please, Santa...

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Old November 27th 03, 12:36 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Trice XXL for me please, Santa...

Me first, Santa - I'm a good girl!

Old November 27th 03, 01:57 PM
Carol Hague

"I'm not convinced that they actually exist" was her opinion.

Obviously I have a little work to do over the next few weeks.

Good grief! Get her to read my postings! One can never have too many bikes,
bike bits, accessories etc.,m or spend too much money on bikes, bike bits,
accessories etc.

Precisely.

I mean, she wants you to be happy, doesn't she? :-)

And wouldn't she rather you were out on your bike than off boozing down
the pub ?(probably best not to mention any potential combining of these
activities at this stage)

And I'm a wife!

Ditto :-) (Though not the same one, obviously...)

--
Carol Hague
"Oddly enough, I did once see a meteor explode. 1970s over Waterloo.
Old December 3rd 03, 12:28 PM
Dave Larrington

Helen S wrote:
Trice XXL for me please, Santa...

Me first, Santa - I'm a good girl!

Not good enough, obv. Santa came early. My deposit in in the post. Yay!

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/