Today's Ride

Old December 2nd 03, 11:03 AM
Tony Raven

Default Today's Ride

Michael MacClancy wrote:

Yawn, some people just don't have a SOH, do they?

Significant Other Helper?

(It is a PC after all)

Tony

Old December 2nd 03, 12:01 PM
John Hearns

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 09:30:08 +0000, Carol Hague wrote:

Talking about cats and stuff,
in the window of a pet shop in Holland I saw a dog trailer.
Standard aluminium trailer, resembling a child trailer.

I guess though for cats you would need the accessory
rhinoceros-skin gloves and the Daktari gun :-)

Sigh - just so. so many people there cycling in normal
clothes. I saw soem people with two child seats on
a normal bicycle, taking the kids to school.
Old December 2nd 03, 12:14 PM
Carol Hague

Michael MacClancy wrote:

"Carol Hague" wrote in message

Now if I said the only point in having a woman about the house is to

clean,
cook and do the dishes I would be rightly criticised for being sexist.

The difference being that until comparatively recently many people (of
both sexes) sincerely believed this to be true. I don't think anyone
honestly believes that men's only use is repairing cycles.

Yawn, some people just don't have a SOH, do they?

The fact that some people have a different sense of humour than you do
doesn't mean they have none.

I've seen very little evidence of a SOH of any sort in your postings,
but I may simply not be reading them as you intended. Perhaps you're
doing the same to mine.

Or perhaps you're just feeling grumpy today. (If so, you'd better make
sure the other six don't get jealous...)

--
Carol Hague
"He really has a noble heart and the best of intentions. He just happens

Old December 2nd 03, 12:28 PM
Carol Hague

John Hearns wrote:

Talking about cats and stuff,
in the window of a pet shop in Holland I saw a dog trailer.
Standard aluminium trailer, resembling a child trailer.

The one I used is a two-wheel Bluebird trailer. The standard trailer is
a base to which you can add different top sections. We have the side
bars, but there are also child or dog trailer options available.

I generally use a Bob Coz for the shopping, but I thought the Bluebird
would be more stable for transporting the cat.

I guess though for cats you would need the accessory
rhinoceros-skin gloves and the Daktari gun :-)

g I doubt any cat would stay voluntarily in the trailer. And as for
strapping one in a harness, you probably would need those
accessories.....The dogs I've seen riding in trailers seem to be
enjoying themselves, as far as I can tell.

Sigh - just so. so many people there cycling in normal
clothes. I saw soem people with two child seats on
a normal bicycle, taking the kids to school.

Both child seats on the same bike? How did that fit? One on the rack and
one on the crossbar?

--
Carol Hague

Old December 2nd 03, 12:48 PM
Dave Larrington

John Hearns wrote:

Sigh - just so. so many people there cycling in normal
clothes. I saw soem people with two child seats on
a normal bicycle, taking the kids to school.

Sorry, John, but now you're just being ridiculous. It's /impossible/ to
take children to school on a bicycle or cycle in normal clothes. And in the
rain. And try carrying shopping on one. Next you'll be telling us that
bicycles are a perfectly valid form of transport! Tch!

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Old December 2nd 03, 12:57 PM
John Hearns

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 11:28:42 +0000, Carol Hague wrote:

John Hearns wrote:

Sigh - just so. so many people there cycling in normal
clothes. I saw soem people with two child seats on
a normal bicycle, taking the kids to school.

Both child seats on the same bike? How did that fit? One on the rack and
one on the crossbar?

Yup. They didn't look like the large plastic child seats common in the UK.
Smaller affairs, with a straight back.

Old December 2nd 03, 01:33 PM
Arthur Clune

Carol Hague wrote:

: In case people think I'm cruel to take the cat in the bike trailer,
: experience has shown that he (and indeed the Junior Cat) is much more
: relaxed after traveling thus than if they go somewhere by motorised
: transport - the bike is quieter and less smelly after all, albeit
: probably a bit bumpier.

I always take my cat to the vet on the bike - put him in the cat box
then pop bike box on the bob trailer. He seems fine with it all.

Arthur

--
Arthur Clune http://www.clune.org
- Paulina Borsook
Old December 2nd 03, 02:15 PM
Carol Hague

Arthur Clune wrote:

Carol Hague wrote:

: In case people think I'm cruel to take the cat in the bike trailer,
: experience has shown that he (and indeed the Junior Cat) is much more
: relaxed after traveling thus than if they go somewhere by motorised
: transport - the bike is quieter and less smelly after all, albeit
: probably a bit bumpier.

I always take my cat to the vet on the bike - put him in the cat box
then pop bike box on the bob trailer. He seems fine with it all.

On one of our house moves, the two places were less than a mile apart so
we moved a lot of stuff by bike, including the fridge freezer, two large
bookcases - and the cats. The cats settled into the new house much
better on that occasion than any of the times they've moved by van.

That was when we had the Columbus trailer though. I don't think that
particular freezer would fit in the Bob, although the Bluebird might
cope. Not sure about the bookcases.

--
Carol Hague
"Be yourself, no matter what they say."

Long wet Coker ride, with metaphorical nettles Mikefule Unicycling 9 August 7th 04 09:33 AM
Cades Cove Loop Ride... chirokid Unicycling 14 November 3rd 03 01:55 PM
3 Gap Ride Report rubic Unicycling 1 October 1st 03 04:08 PM
Almost epic muni ride john_childs Unicycling 17 September 28th 03 04:21 AM
2003 RSVP (post ride ramblings) William Higley, Sr. Recumbent Biking 0 August 11th 03 02:07 AM