Sachs gear on shimano wheel?

Old August 20th 03, 05:48 PM
Paul Southworth

Default Sachs gear on shimano wheel?

In article ,
bilr wrote:
I have a Shimano 7-speed wheel. the tooth are worn.
Should it be possible to mount a 7-speed *** from a Sachs wheel on the Shimano?

I dont have the extractors, so I just want to know before I make any attempts..

It depends on whether you have a freewheel or a cassette. If you're
replacing a 7s Shimano freewheel with a Sachs one, that should work fine.
But if one of the wheels is a cassette and the other is a freewheel,
you won't be able to interchange the cogs on them.

Also, if your current wheel is a 7-speed Uniglide cassette, you can
just take the cogs off and turn them around to get extra life. They
are sometimes riveted or bolted together but those can be removed.