Sheldon Brown

Old October 7th 03, 05:38 AM
Traveller v.116

Default Sheldon Brown

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in
:

Earlier in the year a number of us who are regulars on uk.rec.cycling
and also members of the Cyclists' Touring Cub (CTC), the UK's largest
and oldest cycling organisation (125 years this year), proposed a
motion to the CTC honouring Sheldon Brown for his tireless work.

I am pleased to say that this was approved, and the CTC have duly
presented a Certificate of Commendation.

I have today received the framed Certificate and accompanying
Citation, both of which I will be shipping to Sheldon soonest. It
seems appropriate, though, to announce this via Usenet, and to post
below a scanned image of the Certificate - as a form of virtual
presentation. The original is, I hasten to add, nicely framed with
gilt and calligraphy - any deficiency in the image is due to my
ineptitude with the scanner and the fact that I neglected to scan the
certificate before it was framed.

http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk/sheldon-cert.jpeg

I haven't scanned the Citation as it's in a sealed envelope (having
written the thing you would think I'd have a copy, but no...) - no
matter, though. We all know what Sheldon does. And nobody does it
better.

Sheldon, if it's not too presumptuous, on behalf of the many British
cyclists to whom you have offered your wisdom over the years - thank
you.

Guy

On behalf of (and with sincere apologies to any not mentioned):
Toby Barrett, Colin Blackburn, Guy Chapman, David Damerell, Chris
Gerhard, Peter Grange, Mark Harris, Geraint Jones, Jim Price, Tony
Raven, Ian Smith, Helen Deborah Vecht, Tony Woods.

No doubt about it, Sheldon's the man.

Way to go, Sheldon. Congrads.
Old October 7th 03, 06:16 AM
Tim McNamara

In article ,
"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote:

Earlier in the year a number of us who are regulars on
uk.rec.cycling and also members of the Cyclists' Touring Cub (CTC),
the UK's largest and oldest cycling organisation (125 years this
year), proposed a motion to the CTC honouring Sheldon Brown for his
tireless work.

I am pleased to say that this was approved, and the CTC have duly
presented a Certificate of Commendation.

I have today received the framed Certificate and accompanying
Citation, both of which I will be shipping to Sheldon soonest.

Nice, very nice and thanks for thinking of doing this!
Congratulations, Sheldon.

Old October 7th 03, 06:29 AM
Jeff Wills

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message . ..

http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk/sheldon-cert.jpeg

I haven't scanned the Citation as it's in a sealed envelope (having
written the thing you would think I'd have a copy, but no...) - no
matter, though. We all know what Sheldon does. And nobody does it
better.

Sheldon, if it's not too presumptuous, on behalf of the many British
cyclists to whom you have offered your wisdom over the years - thank
you.

Guy

To quote "Ferris Bueller's Day Off":

"He's a righteous dude!"

Three cheers for Sheldon!
Hip, Hip, Hoorah!

Jeff Wills

Old October 7th 03, 08:48 AM
Tony Raven

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

Sheldon, if it's not too presumptuous, on behalf of the many British
cyclists to whom you have offered your wisdom over the years - thank
you.

Hear, hear! With this new found fame Sheldon will probably have to grow a
beard and hair to go incognito ;-^)

Tony

--
"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything."
Mark Twain

Old October 7th 03, 11:42 AM
Marty

Goodness me!
I started this thread 4 years ago and it's resurfaced!
You have to be careful of what you say in case it's resurrected and
used as evidence against you.
I wonder if anyone wants to dig up those helmet arguments I used to
have with Tom Kunich?

Anyway, good on you Sheldon, it's people like you that keep the world
turning in the right direction.

Best regards
Marty Wallace