OT - Ugly USians

Old March 9th 11, 06:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

Default OT - Ugly USians

"sittingduck" wrote in message
raid.org...
Edward Dolan wrote:

What is it exactly that you do not like about Wal-Mart?

They pay crap wages, treat employees badly, sell cheap imported crap,
force
smaller businesses away, etc.

I much prefer to support small, local businesses that are concerned with
the
health of the community and the earth, and QUALITY products. I see walmart
as
the opposite of that.

All of the above do not concern me in the slightest. Wal-Mart is set up for
the customers, not the employees. Furthermore, these are unskilled jobs and
there is never any shortage of folks who want those jobs.

Imported crap is being sold in every store in the land. Most of it is made
in China. Thank God for China or else we would be paying twice what
everything is worth. Mom and Pop businesses were always good at robbing
you - and the service they provided was never worth a damn either.

Yes, I'm ****ing into the wind, but **** it, I try to do what's right, and
support what I believe in. (And withold my support from what I feel is
wrong.)

Yes, you are ****ing into the wind. I do what is right for my wallet, not
what is right in the abstract. There is nothing wrong with Wal-Mart except
what is in your imagination. Wal-Mart has done more to lower the cost of
living than all the government welfare programs combined.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka