2004 NBG Mayors' Ride Bursting at the Seams!

Old April 2nd 04, 03:25 PM
Cycle America

Default 2004 NBG Mayors' Ride Bursting at the Seams!

Our 3rd Annual National Mayors' Ride is set to kick off soon and the
excitement continues to pour in. In fact, we just received the Chicago
NBG Day proclamation from Bicycle Enthusiast Mayor Richard Daly's
office. Here it is:
http://www.BikeRoute.com/NationalMay...oProc2004.html !

From antique HiWheel riders to World Record holding unicyclists to a
Mayor riding one of our legs to an actress riding another to a musical
entourage preparing towns for our arrival, etc, etc, we are filled to
the brim with celebration.

Many of our relay legs are covered by a lead rider but there are a few
key legs that need coverage as per our 2004 schedule:
http://www.BikeRoute.com/NationalMayorsRide2004 .

We need to get the Seattle to Portland leg covered. We were hoping that
last year's superstar, Mighty Jim Muellner
(http://www.bikeroute.com/NationalMayorsRide/JimMuellner) would take
that route as he had intimated he might but we can't get him to commit.
He may very well surprise us as last year, we never got a commitment out
of him either. And even as he rode from Washington DC to San Francisco,
we never knew from one NBG Day city to the next if he would continue.
Hey but I guess if you're 68 and independently wealthy and accomplished
all he has, there is no need to be on anyone else's schedule but your
own.

So if you want to make a little bit of history with us, and want to ride
the 172 mile distance on your own route and covering all your own
expenses in 3 days time (a weekend) to a reception in Portland, please
apply at: (http://NationalBicycleGreenway.com/Forms/newriders.php).

As for the Tampa to Washington, DC leg, we have had a lot of interest in
the free Rowbkes
(http://www.bikeroute.com/Recumbents/...es/000046.html) we are
offering and may very well choose more than one applicant for this
section but we still need conventional bikes to set out from Tampa
where they are really turning on the afterburners as a new participant
in this our 3rd annual event. As the Southeast send off point for the
ride that then joins Northeast riders coming down from Boston, NYC,
Philly and Baltimore in Washington DC on July 2, they have devoted staff
from their Greenway division to our ride. And they are working with
Tampa sponsor Power On Cycling to make for an even bigger splash. And as
such Tampa Greenways will also be showing off some of the cutting edge
trail work they are doing some of which can be found at their web:
http://www.tampagov.net/dept_parks/trails .

Toward the end of letting more of America see how much value Tampa
places on its growing network of trails and paths they have already
gotten a commitment from Mayor Pam Iorio to be at our celebration. As
further testimony to the support they get from their local citizenry,
the Tampa Greenways people are already asking us if there is any limit
to the number of people who can be present for the ceremony. And before
last week ended they were asking for the NBG logo so they could run it
on the T-shirts they will be producing for all of this!

Out on the east coast, besides the Tampa excitement, the Northeast
Recumbent people plan to help make for a noteworthy New York City
reception for George Reynolds who will be arriving from Boston on one
his Reynolds Weld Lab speed machines. Toward that end, Johannas
Grossbrink tells us that he will see what kind of excitement he can
create with the Transportation Alternatives people as well as with the
Metro Area Recumbent Society (MARS) and he may even get a worthy hand
from his friend and long time recumbent activist, Shelly Mossey. This
last fact bodes well because, as a former bike messenger and bike shop
owner, Shelly is well connected in the Big Apple. Nor does it hurt that
Johannas has created a loyal following of customers who he has sold and
serviced only the best recumbents to over the last decade!

In a bit of news from out here on the West Coast, in case you missed it,
here are the legendary HiWheelers who will be joining Jack Martin of
Gomber Bike Mounted Hydration to make for a much celebrated 37 mile run
from Davis to Folsom:

http://www.nationalbicyclegreenway.c...ios/Jacques_Gr
aber.php
http://www.nationalbicyclegreenway.c...ios/Robert_How
e.php

The above just scratches the surface of how much excitement we are so
all consumed by! And since it bears repeating, do get a look at our
schedule, I know all the color and pictures and sponsors will fully
astound you:

http://www.BikeRoute.com/NationalMayorsRide2004

And anyone can ride any of the relay legs you see there. Apply at:
http://NationalBicycleGreenway.com/Forms/newriders.php

Yahooo!!

M A R T I N K R I E G : "Awake Again" Author
http://www.BikeRoute.com/AwakeAgain
Bent Since '83, Car Free Since '89, Attacking with Love
Coma, Paralysis, Clinical Death Survivor
'79 & '86 TransAm Vet
N A T I O N A L B I C Y C L E G R E E N W A Y

lacking in leg strength and stamina exercises? Yuri Budilov General 18 March 23rd 04 02:42 PM
First ride of 2004? MP General 9 March 1st 04 07:10 AM
Mayors' Ride Celebrities, Webcasts and Imovies, etc!! National Bicycle Greenway General 0 February 26th 04 08:58 PM
PowerOn Cycling brings Tampa to Mayors Ride Music & Excitement National Bicycle Greenway General 0 February 18th 04 05:31 PM
SF Bay Area NBG Mayors' Ride and Party in Santa Cruz Max Chen General 0 August 5th 03 05:32 PM