The Epoxy Repaired Derailleur Hanger Finally Broke

Old June 26th 20, 04:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

Default The Epoxy Repaired Derailleur Hanger Finally Broke

No bike shop. I removed the derailleur with an Allen wrench set from a dollarish store. The floppy chain skipped into other gears and out of gear the entire 16 km 90 min. home.

It took 8 hours to rehydrate.

I found a $15 hanger on Amazon carefully measuring the critical dimensions on the screen.

In the meantime I will be stuck in one gear but at least it won't flip off the free hub.

Bret Cahill
Old June 26th 20, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 04:42 26 Jun 2020, Bret Cahill said:

No bike shop. I removed the derailleur with an Allen wrench set from a
dollarish store. The floppy chain skipped into other gears and out of
gear the entire 16 km 90 min. home.

It took 8 hours to rehydrate.

I found a $15 hanger on Amazon carefully measuring the critical
dimensions on the screen.

In the meantime I will be stuck in one gear but at least it won't flip
off the free hub.

Bret Cahill

Do you have a photo?
Old June 27th 20, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 10:14:15 GMT, Pamela wrote:

On 04:42 26 Jun 2020, Bret Cahill said:

No bike shop. I removed the derailleur with an Allen wrench set from

dollarish store. The floppy chain skipped into other gears and out of
gear the entire 16 km 90 min. home.

It took 8 hours to rehydrate.

I found a $15 hanger on Amazon carefully measuring the critical
dimensions on the screen.

In the meantime I will be stuck in one gear but at least it won't flip
off the free hub.

Bret Cahill

Do you have a photo?

You're taking an interest in cycling at last?

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.
Old June 27th 20, 12:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

wrote:

On 04:42 26 Jun 2020, Bret Cahill said:

No bike shop. I removed the derailleur with an Allen wrench set from
a dollarish store. The floppy chain skipped into other gears and out
of gear the entire 16 km 90 min. home.

It took 8 hours to rehydrate.

I found a $15 hanger on Amazon carefully measuring the critical
dimensions on the screen.

In the meantime I will be stuck in one gear but at least it won't flip
off the free hub.

Bret Cahill

Do you have a photo?

You're taking an interest in cycling at last?

I have had a keen interest in cycling for years.
Old June 27th 20, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

wrote:

On 04:42 26 Jun 2020, Bret Cahill said:

No bike shop. I removed the derailleur with an Allen wrench set from
a dollarish store. The floppy chain skipped into other gears and out
of gear the entire 16 km 90 min. home.

It took 8 hours to rehydrate.

I found a $15 hanger on Amazon carefully measuring the critical
dimensions on the screen.

In the meantime I will be stuck in one gear but at least it won't flip
off the free hub.

Bret Cahill

Do you have a photo?

You're taking an interest in cycling at last?

I have had a keen interest in cycling for years.

Same here, as well as a passing interest in engineering repairs.

It would be interesting to see what sort of repair was made to a set of
Derailleurs using Araldite (or whatever).
Old June 27th 20, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

wrote:

On 04:42 26 Jun 2020, Bret Cahill said:

No bike shop. I removed the derailleur with an Allen wrench set
from a dollarish store. The floppy chain skipped into other gears
and out of gear the entire 16 km 90 min. home.

It took 8 hours to rehydrate.

I found a $15 hanger on Amazon carefully measuring the critical
dimensions on the screen.

In the meantime I will be stuck in one gear but at least it won't
flip off the free hub.

Bret Cahill

Do you have a photo?

You're taking an interest in cycling at last?

I have had a keen interest in cycling for years.

Same here, as well as a passing interest in engineering repairs.

It would be interesting to see what sort of repair was made to a set of
Derailleurs using Araldite (or whatever).

I'd also like to see how rounded the gear teeth are after 16 km of
constantly changing without a derailleur.

Old June 30th 20, 08:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

No bike shop. I removed the derailleur with an Allen wrench set
from a dollarish store. The floppy chain skipped into other gears
and out of gear the entire 16 km 90 min. home.

It took 8 hours to rehydrate.

I found a $15 hanger on Amazon carefully measuring the critical
dimensions on the screen.

In the meantime I will be stuck in one gear but at least it won't
flip off the free hub.

Bret Cahill

Do you have a photo?

You're taking an interest in cycling at last?

I have had a keen interest in cycling for years.

Same here, as well as a passing interest in engineering repairs.

It would be interesting to see what sort of repair was made to a set of
Derailleurs using Araldite (or whatever).

I'd also like to see how rounded the gear teeth are after 16 km of
constantly changing without a derailleur.

Actually that seems to be ok, noise I haven't figured out and, quite frankly, not interested in figgering out notwithstanding. After all, I never put much force on the drive train for that very reason.

I cringe a lot for more than political reasons.

One bit of encouragement I forgot to tell the UK cyclist doing the Western Hemisphere.

You make a lot of faux pas in life but you'll be lightly forgiven by everyone including yourself if you are young and cycling in another country.

For example, I cycled up some God forsaken mountain in Mexico and was astounded anyone lived up there.

As bad as my Spanish was it was understood, probably because every other visitor said the same thing:

What nut job would want to live up here?

The guy was all upset at the insult but his daughters agreed. They wanted to live in some civilized place.

Moral of the story:

Cycle tourists shouldn't ever say anything bad about a place.

Bret Cahill

Old June 30th 20, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

visitor said the same thing:

What nut job would want to live up here?

The guy was all upset at the insult but his daughters agreed. They
wanted to live in some civilized place.

Moral of the story:

Cycle tourists shouldn't ever say anything bad about a place.

Bret Cahill

No photo then?

Suntour rear derailleur that has no derailleur hanger Postman Delivers[_3_] Techniques 19 March 25th 12 09:47 PM
My 24" finally broke... what next? Connahhh Unicycling 27 September 17th 08 12:43 AM
FA: DIAMONDBACK derailleur hanger #42 NEW NR! Yenski Marketplace 0 September 11th 08 05:54 PM
Derailleur hanger Tom Anderson UK 12 May 12th 08 10:06 PM
Derailleur hanger Colin Blackburn UK 8 October 28th 03 06:34 PM