the lightest possible uni

Old March 6th 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

Default the lightest possible uni

Danni wrote:
Well if Atkins says it, I agree
That's good, as I was scare that my rim sucked.

I personally, would rather have a wide, stable rim anyway.

--
mornish

aim:kiloornish
email: mornish AT gmail DOT com

Evan wrote:
Buy my wheel damnit

Old March 6th 07, 09:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
NordicUni420

c'mon guys, this ones obvious. but really, i have no idea.

|Filename: 12 incher.jpg |

NordicUni420

in lak'ech, i am another yourself.
NordicUni420's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12060

Old March 6th 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maestro8

skrobo, damn right you're lazy... but your laziness is not helping you.
A quick search will get you much more information, much quicker, than
you'll get starting a new thread on this old, tired, beaten-to-death
topic.

read:
'I want my unicycle as light as possible'
'how heavy is your uni'
'DX frame is too heavy!!!'

Quit actin' like such a noob and search once in a while, eh?

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity. -- François-Marie Arouet de
Voltaire

Old March 6th 07, 09:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
iridemymuni

well i'd cut the crap with the KH hub and cranks and go straight for
koxx-one hub and cranks.

the kh hub + 137 cranks are 8 grams heavier than the koxx-one
reinforced hub and cranks that are 140mm long.

--
iridemymuni

maker of the happy birthday threads

ive got:

John Childs, Klaas Bill, Kris Holm, Samia, Harper, Bryan Stevens,
Wobbling bear, Mike Swarbrick, Cathwoood, Scott Wallis, Mikefule,
Raphael (jjuggle), James Potter, ITEMNO530, DogBowl, Yoopers,
Habbywall, Terry and Jagur.
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

Old March 6th 07, 09:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Spencer Hochberg

My new uni should be pretty light:
07 KH frame
07 KH rim
koxx hub/cranks (125mm)
creepy crawler
Hoffman pedals
carbon fiber seat
CF bumper
CF handle (deathgrip)
thin sliver of foam
probably a steel post now and a custom aluminum reinforced post later

Oh and most of those parts are orange so that makes it even better.
Should be all together at the end of this week or beginning of next
week.

--
Spencer Hochberg

'BC wheel movie.'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56195) Watch
it.
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
AIM: SpencerHochberg
Email: Litldude2 (at) aol (dot) com
Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659

Old March 6th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

hey what about if you put helium in the tube?

*ducks while forum regulars throw stuff at me*

--
kington99

Dave

Old March 6th 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chris.James

*chucks something heavy at Dave's head"

--
Chris.James

"Thats my favorite thing about unicycling, I can eat oreos while
riding!" ~Me

dforbes wrote:
Well, boys and girls, this is what separates us from the gods; Kris goes
riding and has to worry about landing on naked ladies - you and I have
to watch we don't land in dog poop.....

Chris.James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14072

Old March 6th 07, 10:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
musketman

no,no,no the lightest strongest uni is...

KH 07 frame
KH aluminum "traditional" seat post
KH 05 seat post clamp
KH seat with cut down foam
CF handle and bumper
CF seat base
KH 07 Rim
Titanium spokes 14 gauge
Profile Titanium axle/hub
Eastern bikes 48 spline Titanium cranks
CF or Titanium pedals
Creepy crawler tire if its a trials, Kenda Kinetics tire if its a Muni.

--
musketman

MUSKETMAN
www.unicycle.com

For Sale: Parachute, only used once, never opened, small stain
musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214

Old March 6th 07, 10:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maximus unius

Bah, if you really want a light uni, who need seat foam? CF seat,
handle, bumper, no cover, aluminum of CF post, cut down as much as
possible, KH alu frame, profile titanium hub+cranks, mag pedals,
titanium spokes and niples, monty Ti rim, CC with helium and some
lightweight tube.

--
maximus unius

FatBoy-Dave wrote:
I ride trials and street with a 25 year old and try to give him hell. I
am not stopping till they start digging the hole and then I might even
try to gap it.

maximus unius's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13699

Old March 6th 07, 10:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maximus unius

CF seat, handle, bumper, aluminum of CF post, , KH alu frame, profile
titanium hub+cranks (cut down and rewelded (well) to correct length,
mag pedals, titanium spokes and niples, monty Ti rim, CC and some
lightweight tube.

Now you get to the light freak part. Who needs seat foam? Out the
window. How 'bout a cover? Nope, out the window. Cut down your post,
make sure to get it in 22.2, shim down the frame if need be. Weight
will even out to be less between smaller post and shims. Cut down the
frame neck. Get the KH '05 clamp or similar. All the pins in those
pedals? Get them in aluminum. Take them out in one side, and just make
sure you always ride with the pinned side. Helium in the tire. Finaly,
strip off all the paint.

There is pretty much the lightests uni possible without compromising
strength too much.

--
maximus unius