tips for crankflips, crankflip stalls

Old March 9th 05, 10:26 PM
TonyMelton

I've done the spin the wheel in a grind as you ask, Unitik908. Its in
the recent movie Andrew Carter made: 'Auckland Muni and trials DivX
movie' (http://tinyurl.com/5nmq7). There's also one in Universe 2 - Dan
Doerkson, I think. The real challenge with this trick is to do the
flippin' whilst still grinding. Its not so hard to do once you've
(almost) come to a halt, but lots harder to do it when moving.

How is this 'rolling crankflip' different from doing a single revolution
of coasting? The only difference is that you presumably are doing it
with your feet off the frame, rather than in the more common 'both feet
on the frame' coasting position.

I still think that Tomsey's terms 'fast forward' and 'rewind' and the
best descriptions of the trick where you spin the wheel in the air with
yr feet on the pedals. Everyone seems to call this trick something
different...

+()|\|-

--
TonyMelton - Head in the clouds

Issue Seven of
''One Track Mind'' (http://tinyurl.com/52nsh), Unicycle.com NZ's
eNewsletter, is out now!
TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118

Old March 9th 05, 10:52 PM
forrestunifreak

TonyMelton wrote:
*There's also one in Universe 2 - Dan Doerkson, I think.
*

Dan Heaton.Twice.

--
forrestunifreak - whats up the heck with yams?

"Its all fun and games untill sombody gets hurt.then its freaking
hilarious."

~real tv guy

Old March 9th 05, 11:50 PM
unifreak7

Tomsey you don't like the idea of rollig flips since you go backwards
and you wouldn't be able to do that, ha. lol. There good since it kinda
looks like a free ride. Also it's not at all like coastig, sice yuor
body airs. Crankflips airig the uni seems easy then rolling to me. Fast
forwards I don't like since the name is too long. "I'm going to fast
forward a 6 set." How about. "I'm going to rotate a 6 set." I like
rewind though. But yeah, i'm out laters

-Shaun Johanneson

--
unifreak7 - Team Hazard

Mindless Films
www.geocities.com/mindless_films
unifreak7's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6137

Old March 10th 05, 01:29 PM
tomsey

unifreak7 wrote:
*Tomsey you don't like the idea of rollig flips since you go backwards
and you wouldn't be able to do that, ha. lol. There good since it
kinda looks like a free ride. Also it's not at all like coastig, sice
yuor body airs. Crankflips airig the uni seems easy then rolling to
me. Fast forwards I don't like since the name is too long. "I'm going
to fast forward a 6 set." How about. "I'm going to rotate a 6 set." I
like rewind though. But yeah, i'm out laters

-Shaun Johanneson *

ANYONE HAVE ANY OBJECTIONS TO THE NAME "FF" OR "FULL FRONT" IN REGARDS
TO A FULL FORWARDS REVOLUTION....

that better shaun?

now its not at all long... 2 letters...
"i got a gnarly full front down a 12 set the other day.... it was
gnarly..."
or this one
"i rolled an FF grind down a 6 set drop rail just yesterday..."

ok tell your friends...

oh and if you dont like it... call it a full rev... coz then everyone
will also know what your talking about...

--
tomsey - hardcore unicyclist

www.ozextremeunicycling.cjb.net
tomsey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7038

Old March 10th 05, 03:33 PM
James_Potter

zach_jucha wrote:
*that's the thing, no real point to the "rolling crankflip"...
however, if you were going to do it and then jump straight to some
kind of wheelwalk or to hopping on the tire that would be cool. really
cool. *

I think I disagree with this. While it wouldn't be useful as a street
move, since you can't use it to jump up or down anything, freestyle
riders would obviously have a use for it.

And I don't think it's the same as a revolution while coasting just with
feet off the frame. from the sound of it, it seems like the person
actually jumps off the uni, meaning there's no weight on the unicycle
while it's doing the rolling crankflip. Which is obviously different
from coasting.

--
James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

Old March 10th 05, 08:33 PM
forrestunifreak

James_Potter wrote:
*I think I disagree with this. While it wouldn't be useful as a
street move, since you can't use it to jump up or down anything,
freestyle riders would obviously have a use for it.

And I don't think it's the same as a revolution while coasting just
with feet off the frame. from the sound of it, it seems like the
person actually jumps off the uni, meaning there's no weight on the
unicycle while it's doing the rolling crankflip. Which is obviously
different from coasting. *

Yeah.what he said.sort of like a unispin.

Old March 10th 07, 02:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
xsunnyd591x

Default tips for crankflips, crankflip stalls

k i gotta few questions...

1. are you supposed to jump off of stuff when you do the crankspin?
2. are you supposed to spin it forward or backward?
3. someone said its kinda like doin a kickflip on a skateboard. is that
true?
4. do you push out on the pedal or down
5. do you sif hop when you do it or does it matter

ive been trying to nail this and i dont fell like im gettin anywhere...

--
xsunnyd591x
xsunnyd591x's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14470

Old March 10th 07, 02:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CKCrowe

i used the word crankspin untill i got down the crankflip, and guess
what happend to me today.

at 700 tonight, march 10th, (i think it is march 10th) i landed my
first Hickflip that was perfectly clean! I stopped trying for a second
one when i bashed the seat into my leg on a fall. But im exited to try
agian for it tomarrow, and get it on tape.

Thank God!

--
CKCrowe

180 flips 1-5 hours a day of unicycling!
DX user.
CKCrowe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13945

Old March 10th 07, 06:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycle6869

Make sure you learn it with the right foot forward. I just learned that
I am trying to do them with my wrong foot forward and after landing a
couple of them half ass, it occurred to me that I should be trying them
with my other foot forward. Since I'm used to my left foot forward when
I do 180's and 360's. So I'm gonna try and learn crankflips with my
other foot forward and I think it'll help me land them cleaner and
better. Just keep this in mind that whatever foot you have forward when
you do 180's or 360's to keep the foot forward for crankflips. Is this
true for everyone else that knows how to do them?

--
unicycle6869

Jamey (formaly tuna6869)

Which is worse, a president who screws an intern, or a president who
screws the country?

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the
morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day!"~Frank
Sinatra
unicycle6869's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8990