Abby bought a huffy

Old December 15th 05, 06:21 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Abby bought a huffy

hehehe, feel free to tell him off about it!
Old December 15th 05, 06:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Nasty, nasty girl..... *laughs*

explanation
K-Mart are having a 50% off sale on bikes, so I picked up a 20" Huffy
'Traction' for my 7yo daughter. She has outgrown her 16" singlespeed
bike....

She has (yay!!) loved riding her bike, so she's upgrading to a 6-speed
bike with 'grip-shifters'. It has front suspension too - but I suspect
that is 'decorative only'. *laughs* Hopefully my basic knowledge of
bike maintenance will make sure it stays safe to ride (or I can spot
any problems early!!).

Main thing is I got a bike that fits her. And at only $75, when she
outgrows it in 12-18 months, I won't be whinging about the cost!!
/explanation

They had $99 Huffy "Vortex" mountain bikes for adults too, if anyone is
interested...

Cheers,
Abby (off to plot revenge on Tam...)

Old December 15th 05, 06:56 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Absent Husband Wrote:
[...]

Abby (off to plot revenge on Tam...)Hey Abby,

$75 for the bike, eh?

what did you pay for the wheel truing stand, the workshop stand, the
spoke wrenches, the cone spanners, the headset spanners, the pedal
spanner, the bottom bracket tools and all the other things you will
need to keep a Huffy on the road?

If upgrading the bikes doesn't keep the kids riding, upgrade the
kids.

SteveA

--
SteveA

Old December 15th 05, 06:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Tamyka Bell Wrote:
hehehe, feel free to tell him off about it!

Hey Tam,

were you *actually* in the bike section at Kmart when he did it?

SteveA

--
SteveA

Old December 15th 05, 07:05 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Tamyka Bell Wrote:
hehehe, feel free to tell him off about it!

Aren't they just a rebadged Learsport anyway?

Adam

--
adam85

Old December 15th 05, 08:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle

"Absent Husband" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Yeah well keep an eye on those 'decorative only' forks.. I think it's Huffy
that have had to recall bikes because dodgy suspension failed and sent kids
over the handlebars.

Old December 15th 05, 09:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Jobb wrote:

Yeah we'll keep an eye on those 'decorative only' forks.. I think it's Huffy
that have had to recall bikes because dodgy suspension failed and sent kids
over the handlebars.

hence the phrase 'going off in a Huffy'.
Old December 15th 05, 09:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle

"adam85" wrote in message

Tamyka Bell Wrote:
hehehe, feel free to tell him off about it!

Aren't they just a rebadged Learsport anyway?

Hahahahaha

Adam

--
adam85

Old December 15th 05, 12:24 PM posted to aus.bicycle

DD Wrote:

hence the phrase 'going off in a Huffy'.

Or another cultural variation: The Huffy Toss
http://www.adrianlock.com/cvrr/newsreader.php?id=61
http://www.newmilfordbike.com/HuffyToss.htm

Anchors away me hearties!!!!

--