Noodle Angles and Lengths

Old February 26th 07, 05:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Psychlo-path

Default Noodle Angles and Lengths

What's the deal with different length and angle noodels? What's the theory?
My bike seems to work well with a 90° noodles back and front but am I
missing out on better braking?

thanks

Old February 26th 07, 06:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Sornson

Family newsgroup.

Old February 26th 07, 06:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
amakyonin

On Feb 26, 12:02 pm, "Psychlo-path" wrote:
What's the deal with different length and angle noodels? What's the theory?
My bike seems to work well with a 90° noodles back and front but am I
missing out on better braking?

thanks

Use 90-degree noodles for a "normal" brake configuration with the
front brake controlled by the left lever. The 120 to 135-ish noodles
are for bikes running the front brake off of the right lever with
normal non-reversible right side pull V-brakes. This allows the cable
housing to curve into the noodle at a better angle to minimize any
kink at the ferrule on the noodle. The rear brake should always use 90-
degrees.

Old February 26th 07, 07:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Cychlo-path

"Bill Sornson" wrote in message
Family newsgroup.

I can assure you that the noodle to which you allude has very little to do
with my braking; except when endangered by oncoming obstacles.

Old February 26th 07, 07:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Cychlo-path

"amakyonin" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Feb 26, 12:02 pm, "Psychlo-path" wrote:
What's the deal with different length and angle noodels? What's the

theory?
My bike seems to work well with a 90° noodles back and front but am I
missing out on better braking?

thanks

Use 90-degree noodles for a "normal" brake configuration with the
front brake controlled by the left lever. The 120 to 135-ish noodles
are for bikes running the front brake off of the right lever with
normal non-reversible right side pull V-brakes. This allows the cable
housing to curve into the noodle at a better angle to minimize any
kink at the ferrule on the noodle. The rear brake should always use 90-
degrees.

----------------------------

Hmmm, seems that while i replaced the 120° noodle for 90°, i assumed that
the 120° noodle was intended for the back as it came coupled with the
shorted bolts, so this is not the case?
In the UK here so right lever is front as standard; again, 90° noodle on
front, so my housing is too long (given that the noodle comes in to the
caliper on the right side)??

Old February 26th 07, 11:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
bfd

On Feb 26, 9:02 am, "Psychlo-path" wrote:
What's the deal with different length and angle noodels? What's the theory?
My bike seems to work well with a 90° noodles back and front but am I
missing out on better braking?

What's a noodle?

Old February 27th 07, 05:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Phil, Non-Squid

bfd wrote:
On Feb 26, 9:02 am, "Psychlo-path" wrote:
What's the deal with different length and angle noodels? What's the
theory? My bike seems to work well with a 90° noodles back and front
but am I missing out on better braking?

What's a noodle?

That silver thing that functions as the cable housing, attached to v-brake
arms. It looks like a long skinny piece of metal elbow macaroni.
--
Phil

Old February 27th 07, 05:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 00:32:06 -0500, "Phil, Non-Squid"
wrote:

bfd wrote:
On Feb 26, 9:02 am, "Psychlo-path" wrote:
What's the deal with different length and angle noodels? What's the
theory? My bike seems to work well with a 90° noodles back and front
but am I missing out on better braking?

What's a noodle?

That silver thing that functions as the cable housing, attached to v-brake
arms. It looks like a long skinny piece of metal elbow macaroni.

Dear Phil & B,

http://biketoolsetc.com/index.cgi?id...-Brake-Noodles

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

upright bikes with negative seat tube angles???..... DougC Techniques 13 November 15th 06 09:50 PM
Noodle Liner john Techniques 2 September 2nd 06 04:22 AM
does any one have the angles and measurements for a hunter frame? DanDan Unicycling 0 May 11th 05 03:51 AM
Saddle Angles Ian G Batten UK 12 March 20th 04 02:58 PM
angles Matthew Paterson Mountain Biking 15 December 25th 03 02:15 AM