This wouldn't be hot, would it?

Old April 13th 05, 09:34 PM
Veloise

Default This wouldn't be hot, would it?

In either sense of the term!

--Karen M.
fire academy drop-out?

Old April 13th 05, 09:41 PM
wafflycat

"Veloise" wrote in message
ups.com...
In either sense of the term!

--Karen M.
fire academy drop-out?

With sleeves - most probably you'd sweat a lot in it. For night cycling I
have a gilet (waistcoat) with the wide reflective bands round body & over
shoulders. Thin, doesn't cause me to sweat but is *highly* visible thanks to
the reflectives. Not the most fashionable item of attire, but I am very,
very visble wearing it, and combined with the number of lights & reflectives
on self & bike (think low-flying UFO and that's me). I've had motorists tell
me how extremely visible I am when cycling at night. My
fluorescent/reflective gilet cost me £5 at the local market (approx $9)

Cheers, helen s

Old April 13th 05, 11:24 PM
LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h 0 0_d 0 t_c 0 m

Veloise wrote:

In either sense of the term!

There's no reason to doubt what the description says it is:

a very warm coat

Old April 14th 05, 12:55 AM
Chris Zacho The Wheelman

Anybody wishing to buy something on E-bay batter have a 3-gigabyte per
second internet connection or it will be sold before they get to see it!
E-bay has to be one of the slowest loading sites I ever attempted to
visit.

I gave up on this one.

- -

"May you have the winds at your back,
And a really low gear for the hills!"

Chris'Z Corner
http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

Old April 14th 05, 07:16 AM
Bill Sornson

Chris Zacho "The Wheelman" wrote:
Anybody wishing to buy something on E-bay batter have a 3-gigabyte per
second internet connection or it will be sold before they get to see
it! E-bay has to be one of the slowest loading sites I ever attempted
to visit.

I gave up on this one.

Really? Loaded in half a second here.

CayBill

Old April 14th 05, 08:13 PM
Veloise

Chris Zacho "The Wheelman" wrote:
Anybody wishing to buy something on E-bay batter have a 3-gigabyte

per
second internet connection or it will be sold before they get to see

it!
E-bay has to be one of the slowest loading sites I ever attempted to
visit.

I gave up on this one.

I won't keep you in suspense: looks like a fire academy drop-out
decided to make some bux re-selling the standard-issue firefighter's
coat. Yellow plastic, reflective trim. Looks brand-new.

And I think it's hot.

--Karen M.

Old April 15th 05, 06:11 AM
mugwump

A large number of the "deals" on ebay, especially with a very low
"buy-it-now" price are actually not good deals. If you check their
shipping and handling charges, they make up for the low price very
easily.

Maybe the deal goes like this- buy the jacket for $10 and they will
ship it to you for $35.

Typical...
Old April 15th 05, 01:50 PM
Maggie

mugwump wrote:
A large number of the "deals" on ebay, especially with a very low
"buy-it-now" price are actually not good deals. If you check their
shipping and handling charges, they make up for the low price very
easily.

Maybe the deal goes like this- buy the jacket for $10 and they will
ship it to you for $35.

Typical...

They are hoping people do not see the shipping cost. This is a nation
that does not take time to read. We want our information FAST!!!

If a deal seems to good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

If it looks like a monkey, spells like a monkey, acts like a
monkey....it could be an ex boyfriend.
All Good things,
Maggie.

Old April 15th 05, 04:58 PM
mort

I use something which looks similar but is much lighter weight, made by
Alertshirt:

http://www.alertshirt.com/cl2wi.html

This is a windbreaker type jacket that is very good for 30-50 degree
weather, and it is VERY bright. I used it for nightime commuting all
winter and noticed an immediate difference in the amount of room the
cars gave me - the reflective strips on the sleeves are very useful for
signalling. Why bother with Ebay when a brand new one, in the size you
choose, is quite reasonably priced?

Mort

Veloise wrote:
In either sense of the term!

--Karen M.
fire academy drop-out?

Old April 15th 05, 09:20 PM
Veloise

mort wrote:
I use something which looks similar but is much lighter weight, made

by
Alertshirt:

http://www.alertshirt.com/cl2wi.html

This is a windbreaker type jacket that is very good for 30-50 degree
weather, and it is VERY bright. I used it for nightime commuting all
winter and noticed an immediate difference in the amount of room the
cars gave me -

You mean, that the MOTORISTS gave you. (Cars are inert objects that
don;t drive themselves.)

the reflective strips on the sleeves are very useful for
signalling. Why bother with Ebay when a brand new one, in the size

you
choose, is quite reasonably priced?

Already have a closet full of neon and reflective outerwear, TYVM.

--Karen M.
not my first barbeque