RR: Middle Run in the Middle Ring

Old September 25th 05, 08:19 PM
Ride-A-Lot

Default RR: Middle Run in the Middle Ring

[In-line version available at http://tinyurl.com/c423y]

The clubs scheduled ride was for Hartshorne at the shore. I had already
made up my mind the day before that I didn't want to drive the 1:45 to
get there. At that point I was going alone to Middle Run in Delaware. A
few minutes later I get an email from Dan, who lives in DE asking if
I'm going. I tell him no and that I am going down to his 'hood. He asks
to join, and I say great! I don't have to ride alone. Middle Run is one
of my favorite trail systems. Tons of singletrack (25 miles), rolling
hills, and superb water bars for flight! Excellent terrain for the
singlespeed.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/stor...n/img_2900.jpg

I get to the parking lot and Bob pulls in. Hmm... I guess he didn't want
to drive the distance either. OK, now there's three. Then, more people
I know start filing in. WTF? Steve, Mike, Barb, Andrea, and more. I
guess everyone felt the same way.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/stor...n/img_2901.jpg

Dan shows up and I think he's either pretty amazed or thought I invited
the whole world. Anyway, the more than merrier. It's a fast bunch too,
with quite a few racers (now that their season is over).

We start off hitting the Judge Morris loop. It hasn't rained here in
over a month and the trails are incredible fast, although a bit dusty.
I'm doing pretty well. Sticking in the middle of the pack and hitting
everything fast. Even the ups are hit with great momentum. The smiles
are big!

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/stor...n/img_2902.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/stor...n/img_2904.jpg

We come out into the corn fields, which are just about ready to come
down, for some super fun water bar jumps.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/stor...n/img_2905.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/stor...n/img_2910.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/stor...n/img_2912.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/stor...n/img_2914.jpg

We cross the street and head into the White Clay park area. It's amazing
how the terrain changes from buff to rooty. Still moving fast and I am
feeling the best I ever have on the SS.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/stor...n/img_2918.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/stor...n/img_2919.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/stor...n/img_2920.jpg

We are riding so fast here, that I don't have time for a photo until we
get to the skills area. It's an attempt at Northshore type stuff, but
keeping it safe to avoid law suits.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/stor...n/img_2921.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/stor...n/img_2925.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/stor...n/img_2928.jpg

It was just a great fun day. The weather was perfect, the company great,
the trails super, and the bike (eh, the rider) spot on!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old September 25th 05, 09:09 PM
GeeDubb

Default Middle Run in the Middle Ring

"Ride-A-Lot" posted before me

Nice write up. I chose to sleep in and then stuff myself with yummy
waffles, eggs and sausage.

I need to find some girls to ride with. Makes the photos that much more
appealing!

I'm off to Flagstaff this week to work and hopefully hit the trails. I'll
take a few shots for those that thought about but haven't ridden the
numerous trails on the Peaks.

Gary

Old September 25th 05, 09:36 PM
Ride-A-Lot

GeeDubb wrote:
I need to find some girls to ride with. Makes the photos that much more
appealing!

LOL. It makes riding in the middle of the pack, directly behind them,
more appealing as well.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old September 27th 05, 12:56 AM
Bill Wheeler

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 15:19:24 -0400, Ride-A-Lot
wrote:

[...]

Very nice,
Bill

The First law, Inertia: Unless acted upon by an outside force,
a body at rest tends to stay at rest,
and a body in motion tends to stay in motion.
Sir Isaac Newton