Coker Discussion Thread

Old December 25th 07, 05:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ħǻřрέŗ

Default Coker Discussion Thread

Everyone knows that a pneumatic tire greater than 36" in diameter is the
holy grail of distance riding. Why would someone post that they have
such a thing in this thread and not support it with photographic
evidence? There's not even a description of how it was done. This would
have taken either something extremely clever or an extremely large
investment. One can only assume that given the complete lack of proof
of existence that this is a hoax put forward by someone who desperately
craves attention. Why continue to give such a person any attention
until either the evidence or an apology appears?

--
ħǻřрέŗ

-Greg Harper

http://www.usenet.com
Old December 25th 07, 07:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mark williamson

ħǻřрέŗ, who are you? You're not the real
Harper, because his account is 6 years older than yours! One Harper is
enough for us all to share; two would be just greedy.

ħǻřрέŗ wrote:
Everyone knows that a pneumatic tire greater than 36" in diameter is the
holy grail of distance riding. Why would someone post that they have
such a thing in this thread and not support it with photographic
evidence?
There's not even a description of how it was done.

C'mon, lets cut the guy some slack - he actually has explained how it
was done in other threads. I think it wasn't actually a pneumatic tyre
in the end, though I could be wrong... He said the rim was custom but
I thought the tyre was solid rubber.

This would have taken either something extremely clever or an extremely
large investment. One can only assume that given the complete lack of
proof of existence that this is a hoax put forward by someone who
desperately craves attention. Why continue to give such a person any
attention until either the evidence or an apology appears?

Well, even though I would drool at a 40" coker, I think Hazmat is quite
a cool guy whether or not he's got a custom unicycle!

Merry Christmas all!

Mark

--
mark williamson

Dave: Just a question. What use is a unicyle with no seat? And no
pedals!
Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!
http://www.usenet.com
Old December 25th 07, 07:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jamessd

But lets be honest, the only thing that will solve this is some
pictures.

--
jamessd

My videos:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WpBvnO6wVG0#GU5U2spHI_4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xkZLQzvf2g
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mtnedg1YS8c
Add me:
http://www.usenet.com
Old December 25th 07, 09:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mscalisi

I don't doubt that he has a 40" unicycle. There are a good number of
hard rubber tire unicycles larger than 36" in existence.

However, calling it a coker is misleading. Since that's become an
analogy for a unicycle with a 36" pneumatic tire on this forum.

Merry Xmas btw!!

mark williamson wrote:

C'mon, lets cut the guy some slack - he actually has explained how it
was done in other threads. I think it wasn't actually a pneumatic tyre
in the end, though I could be wrong... He said the rim was custom but
I thought the tyre was solid rubber.

Well, even though I would drool at a 40" coker, I think Hazmat is quite
a cool guy whether or not he's got a custom unicycle!

Merry Christmas all!

Mark

--
mscalisi

Unicycle for (reducing the) Buddha

http://www.usenet.com
Old December 25th 07, 09:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mark williamson

mscalisi wrote:
I don't doubt that he has a 40" unicycle. There are a good number of
hard rubber tire unicycles larger than 36" in existence.

However, calling it a coker is misleading. Since that's become an
analogy for a unicycle with a 36" pneumatic tire on this forum.

Yeah, true that is what people usually mean. Hazmat has said that his
machine was originally a normal coker - and he had his local bike guys
mutate it Presumably they mutated it using toxic waste - hazardous
materials, if you will!

Merry Xmas btw!!

Ho ho ho

Old December 25th 07, 10:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ħǻřрέŗ

mark williamson wrote:
ħǻřрέŗ, who are you? You're not the real
Harper, because his account is 6 years older than yours! One Harper is
enough for us all to share; two would be just greedy.

You only get one at a time. The first is retired.

mark williamson wrote:

C'mon, lets cut the guy some slack -

Cut him some slack? Why? I guess I could just add to the responses in
the -What do people think of me- thread but that seems too bothersome.
Gee, I wonder if this guy craves attention.

mark williamson wrote:
- he actually has explained how it was done in other threads. I think
it wasn't actually a pneumatic tyre in the end, though I could be
wrong... He said the rim was custom but I thought the tyre was solid
rubber.

Where are these threads? The new ħǻřрέŗ
doesn't search...he lets someone else do that for him.

mark williamson wrote:

Merry Christmas all!

Mark

Merry Christmas, my friend.

--
ħǻřрέŗ

-Greg Harper

http://www.usenet.com
Old December 26th 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
littleman

I just got a nimbus 36in for christmas. What are some things you guys do
with them, other than just ride them?

--
littleman
http://www.usenet.com
Old December 26th 07, 01:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
scotthue

ride them as fast and/or as far as you can

--
scotthue
http://www.usenet.com
Old December 26th 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chrashing

littleman wrote:
I just got a nimbus 36in for christmas. What are some things you guys do
with them, other than just ride them?

Banked turns/circles are awesome.

--
Chrashing

Regards,
Ken

I've been flying.......
http://www.usenet.com
Old December 26th 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
littleman

Have any of you ever entered in bike races, like street. I've heard of
people doing it, but I don't know if every race allows that. And can
you keep up?

--
littleman
http://www.usenet.com