Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Old March 3rd 05, 11:52 PM
shapr

How about "Det är fel säsong for det." to which I replied "Nej, det är
perfekt!".
In English that's "Bad time of year for that" and I said "No, it's
perfect!"

I think he was talking about the continual snowfall we've had the last
few months. Personally, I think all the snow lets me improve my MUni
skills.

--
shapr - 40 miles south of the Arctic Circle

Add your knowledge to the 'Unicyclopedia'
(http://www.unicyclopedia.org/) Brittanica ! Even if you're not British!
shapr's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7727

Old March 4th 05, 12:25 AM
daino149

The best comment I got was from a road biker while on a Century ride...
"Man, you got balls!" I'm still not sure why he said it.

--
daino149 - On Vacation - till i find a job

Check out my 'pics ' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/daino)
'My X-a-n-g-a' (http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=fingerpies)
I need to find a job

Old March 4th 05, 03:03 AM
digigal1

jagur wrote:
*i was riding by and this guy said

"isnt there like 5 or 6 treads just like this already?" *

Om. Chill a bit with mediation. Om.

--
digigal1 - Level 1 on a good day

Raphael never stopped being my hero.
digigal1's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5848

Old March 4th 05, 03:48 AM
DK

"Throw me a Yam, Unicycle man!"

--
DK - Team YAMS Member

-Hunter-
Im a Yamsta.
DK's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8054

Old March 4th 05, 05:05 AM
Jethro

daino149 wrote:
*The best comment I got was from a road biker while on a Century
ride... "Man, you got balls!" I'm still not sure why he said
it. *

They were probably hanging out your shorts.

--
Jethro - Monk
Jethro's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9413

Old March 4th 05, 08:21 AM
johnfoss

daino149 wrote:
*The best comment I got was from a road biker while on a Century
ride... "Man, you got balls!"*

Easy. If you were riding your unicycle in a century ride, you've got
balls!

I remember once when I was in the middle of a very long ride on my old
45" big wheel with "regular, old-school Schwinn" seat. A guy holding a
beer on the side of the trail said "You're nuts!" My reply? "That's all
I've been thinking about these pase few miles--my nuts!"

For Jagur:
Actually I did do a search. I looked for "quote of the day" and there
wan't one. That's what this thread is. We're good for a couple of weeks
at this point...

--
johnfoss - The wilder Wilder

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Old April 21st 05, 07:41 PM
johnfoss

Today's quote:

From a kid outside the "high school for bad kids" I pass on my way to
work:
"Look, a unicyclin' fool!"
Accompanied by "Aw YEAH!" from another.

Not bad for a group of teenagers.

--
johnfoss - The wilder Wilder

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Old April 21st 05, 07:42 PM
Brian MacKenzie

Little sister (5yo or so) of non riding friend who was watching TWNR:

Wow, did you learn that from an acrobat ?!?!?

--
Brian MacKenzie - LAN Solo

'TRAINING WHEEL NOT REQUIRED DVD - NOW AVAILABLE!'
(HTTP://WWW.LBMMULTIMEDIA.COM)

'Unicycle Product Reviews'
(http://londonunicyclingclub.ca/unicycleReviews.aspx)
*120* reviews on *77* products, never make an uninformed purchase again!

Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

Old April 21st 05, 07:57 PM
loosejello

To me with a coker:

"All I have to say is that's pretty bada$$"

--
loosejello - Say Hello to my Little Friend
loosejello's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8295

Old April 21st 05, 11:04 PM
keg

Last weekend, when I was the third Coker rider passing a family on the
Thames tow path:

Daddy:

"Look he is riding on one wheel."

3YO boy:

"Why?" (is this the most used word by 3YO's?!?)

Me:

"Because it's fun" - this was the only suitable answer I could think in
the time frame which a toddler would understand.

***

Later in Richmond Park I was about 100m behind the first Coker and heard
the parent telling another child:

"Look there's the other half" - This made me laugh as I have never heard
it before.

--
keg
keg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/212