pallets?

Old August 13th 05, 09:26 PM
habbywall

Default pallets?

how do you guys get pallets to hop up onto?
thanks to anyone who responds

--
habbywall

It takes twice the man to ride half the bike.
mac g4 10.4, 20 gb ipod 3rd gen with linux

habbywall's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10260

Old August 13th 05, 10:03 PM
DustinMichels

Heh, it's holidays for the workmen in Holland, so I just walked up the
terrain, spaced the pallets around a bit evenly (they won't be happy
about it, but it's only 5 min work to get it back) and there I am,
enjoying every bit of it. I'll get a vid of it later, and some pics,
it's lovely.

Little girl: "Are you allowed to be on that side of the fence?"
Me: "..."

--
DustinMichels - What could possibly go wrong?

-Clink! Screw! Bend! Inflate! Alter Saddle!-
DustinMichels's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10289

Old August 13th 05, 10:19 PM
jag

Go to busnesses and ask them politely If the have any old palettes

--
jag
jag's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10600

Old August 13th 05, 11:08 PM
Mikefule

Sorry, by the time one reaches my age, the attention is directed more to
the palate.

--
Mikefule - Roland Hope School of Unicycling

"Sumo comes to mind, but is only one example of many fun things I've
done over the years."
John Foss, apparently presenting his credentials as renaissance man of
the forum. ;0)

Old August 18th 05, 07:05 AM
forrestunifreak

Check behind big stores, like malls and such, and also hardware sores
and stuff. If they have tons and tons out back, ask somone if they would
spare a couple (twos better than none, you can get more anoher place)
some stores will say no, some will push more at you. One place I went
practiclly shoved them on us, they had MILLIONS stacked out back.

THen you simply load them in a pickup truck and drive off were you want
'em.

--
forrestunifreak - The buck stops here.

warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.

it has been known to the state of california to cause warts, toe jam,
ring-around-the-collar, compulsive twitching, and in some severe cases,
' diaper rash.' (http://tinyurl.com/ct5lp)
it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pshycological nudity, and
traces of peanuts.

Team YAMS member.....

Old August 18th 05, 10:10 AM
markf

anywhere that sells heavy things that would fit on one should have a
bunch. sometimes they're free sometimes they say no. other times you
have to go back at 4 am and load the truck really quickly. business
supply stores like staples or office depot have tons because copiers and
such come on them. also, the blue pallets are stronger, nicer, and a
little taller.

--
markf - movie nerd

stuck in iowa and unemployed.
markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

Old August 18th 05, 05:19 PM
Tassilo

Yeah, thats right. Just go to your local building centre or something
and ask them. Thats how I gained a couple.

--
Tassilo - 40kg goes vielzahn
Tassilo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2314

Old August 18th 05, 06:45 PM
sarah.miller

ASk first. Some pallets are worth money to companies as they have
returnable deposits on them. Typicially in the UK you will be given
unpainted pallets but BLUE ones are unlikely to be given away. Its not
universal however to a small company it may not be worth their while to
return Blue pallets so you MIGHT get given them , they are normally
stronger and better built that the cheap unpainted wooden ones.

Stealing pallets is never a good idea, you don't know what the companies
plans are for those pallets, they maybe being stockpiled to be reused.
I'd be furious if someone nicked the stack in the barn I work out off
, we need them all this week and can't afford to go and buy them new so
we hang onto any that get delivered with stuff on during the year.

Sarah

--
sarah.miller - SWUM unicyclist

South West Unicycle Meet
www.uk.unicyclist.com/swum.html
sarah.miller's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1694

Old August 18th 05, 07:22 PM
vivalargo

Paint stores always have them out back. Paint is always deliverd on
palates, usually ones the retailer just chucks away. If you're dropping
ONTO a palate, you'll likely bust through eventually unless you screw a
thin piece of plywood over the slats.

JL

--
vivalargo - Santa Barbara Unicycle Club
vivalargo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5625

Old August 18th 05, 07:58 PM
WWUunicycler

have you ever heard of "craigslist.org" before? it's a great classified
site. just click on the city nearest you, then For Sale, then Free,
seach for "pallets" and I guarantee you'll find some for free. people
on there also sell unicycles Check it out!

--
WWUunicycler - Proud Owner of a new KH 20" trials
WWUunicycler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10142

5 pallets, want higher caw89 Unicycling 34 August 19th 05 08:36 PM
trials obstacles ColDawG Unicycling 8 March 29th 05 06:21 PM
New personal best for hopping height. billham Unicycling 18 May 24th 04 06:59 AM
Where could I find Pallets? sabin_a. Unicycling 9 November 3rd 03 09:04 PM