Everyone of my outings is potentially a suicidal mission!

Old May 10th 11, 03:20 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Default Everyone of my outings is potentially a suicidal mission!

On May 9, 2:16*pm, (Don Klipstein) wrote:
In , His
Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher wrote:

On May 8, 3:32 pm, (Don Klipstein) wrote:

I snip to here

* I say, refuse to be a victim! *Build some muscle, act like you have
it, and look like you have some chance of surviving being hit to sue
afterwards!

* Get a horn or put some b@!!s in your voice! *I even have a strangely
"b@!!sy" falsetto when I need it. *Every bike I get on has a horn and a
siren! *I even get tough West Philadelphia jaywalkers out of my way!

* Take the same attitude to tough drivers! *Look them in the eye, make
them know you're there! *99.8% of them will take care to not hit you, and
you can evade the other .2% with suitable wariness.

SNIP
***
Eye contact? Not when I'm wearing sunglasses and they got tinted
windows. You take the plunge and face the bull. Spaniards say, "Ole!"

* I don't wear sunglasses, unless they are bright light yellow ones for
blocking UV and nearly-UV wavelengths. *I make the drivers see my eyes.

When they want to ignore you they just avoid your eyes. They even
practice it at point blank.

Everyone of my outings is potentially a suicidal mission! His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher General 0 May 10th 11 03:20 PM
Everyone of my outings is potentially a suicidal mission! His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher Social Issues 0 May 10th 11 03:20 PM
Suicidal cycling Bill C Racing 8 July 24th 08 10:41 PM
Shimano recalls potentially poisonous gloves John[_4_] UK 1 December 2nd 07 03:12 PM
RR: recent outings + a few photos MattB Mountain Biking 1 September 6th 07 01:54 PM