Solution to Bashed Chainrings?

Old July 6th 11, 05:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tºm Shermªn °_°

Default Solution to Bashed Chainrings?

This should solve the problem, though I imagine the price will be high:
http://www.seed-your-ideas.com/Triebwerk/en/index.html.

It would also make transporting and going through doors and/or up and
down stairs more easy with a SWB 'bent or tadpole trike.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old July 6th 11, 01:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Jul 5, 9:46*pm, Tºm Shermªn °_° ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
This should solve the problem, though I imagine the price will be high:
http://www.seed-your-ideas.com/Triebwerk/en/index.html.

It would also make transporting and going through doors and/or up and
down stairs more easy with a SWB 'bent or tadpole trike.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

A much better solution: stick to pavement, and stop destroying
wildlife habitat. Sheesh.
Old July 6th 11, 01:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
David Scheidt

In rec.bicycles.tech Mike Vandeman wrote:
:On Jul 5, 9:46Â*pm, Tºm Shermªn °_° ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
:
: It would also make transporting and going through doors and/or up and
: down stairs more easy with a SWB 'bent or tadpole trike.
:
: --
: Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
: I am a vehicular cyclist.

:A much better solution: stick to pavement, and stop destroying
:wildlife habitat. Sheesh.

Says the man who wonders around other people's property with a saw.

--
sig 3
Old July 6th 11, 02:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
(PeteCresswell)

Per Tºm Shermªn °_° ":
http://www.seed-your-ideas.com/Triebwerk/en/index.html.

They lost me on the "Variable chainring with 23,24,25 allow...."
--
PeteCresswell
Old July 6th 11, 03:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Opus[_2_]

$southslope.net" wrote:
This should solve the problem, though I imagine the price will be high:
http://www.seed-your-ideas.com/Triebwerk/en/index.html.

It would also make transporting and going through doors and/or up and
down stairs more easy with a SWB 'bent or tadpole trike.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

A much better solution: stick to pavement, and stop destroying
wildlife habitat. Sheesh.

How much wildlife habitat is there indoors? Also SWB 'bents and
tadpole trikes ARE pavement vehicles, not MTB. Your obsession is
tiresome.
Old July 6th 11, 07:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Kerry Montgomery

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
Per Tºm Shermªn °_° ":
http://www.seed-your-ideas.com/Triebwerk/en/index.html.

They lost me on the "Variable chainring with 23,24,25 allow...."
--
PeteCresswell

Pete,
I think that means that you can fit either a 23 or 24 or 25 tooth chainring,
giving some flexibility in your overall gear ratio.
As Tom says, probably 'way too expensive, but it would keep the big ring on
my recumbent trike from touching the pavement when loading/unloading it from
the back of my car.
Kerry

Old July 6th 11, 07:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Chalo

T∇m Sherm∆n wrote:

This should solve the problem, though I imagine the price will be high:
http://www.seed-your-ideas.com/Triebwerk/en/index.html.

It would also make transporting and going through doors and/or up and
down stairs more easy with a SWB 'bent or tadpole trike.

Truvativ/SRAM have been making something like that for a while now.
I'm sure it is expensive but probably less so than Monsieur Schlumpf's
ingenious marvel.

http://www.sicklines.com/2008/08/21/...hammerschmidt/

Chalo
Old July 6th 11, 10:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
James[_8_]

Default [OT] habitat

$southslope.net" wrote:
This should solve the problem, though I imagine the price will be high:
http://www.seed-your-ideas.com/Triebwerk/en/index.html.

It would also make transporting and going through doors and/or up and
down stairs more easy with a SWB 'bent or tadpole trike.

A much better solution: stick to pavement, and stop destroying
wildlife habitat. Sheesh.

Marvelous how habitat grows back. I see it regularly in bush camping
areas. "This area is closed for revegetation."

They could speed up the process. The saying here is "Fertilize the
bush, dozing in a Greenie."

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=fertilise+t...e+in+a+greenie

--
JS.
Old July 7th 11, 12:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
(PeteCresswell)

Per Kerry Montgomery:
I think that means that you can fit either a 23 or 24 or 25 tooth chainring,
giving some flexibility in your overall gear ratio.

I got that part, but who runs 23-25 teeth on the front chain
ring?
--
PeteCresswell
Old July 7th 11, 01:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tºm Shermªn °_°

On 7/6/2011 6:54 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Kerry Montgomery:
I think that means that you can fit either a 23 or 24 or 25 tooth chainring,
giving some flexibility in your overall gear ratio.

I got that part, but who runs 23-25 teeth on the front chain
ring?

That is one of the two points of this particular version of the Schlumpf
2-speed bottom bracket (the other is a wider gear range than is possible
with stock chainrings and front derailers - or to wider the gearing
range where a front derailer is not practical to use).

Cyclist Bashed Craig Strong Australia 21 January 31st 07 04:58 AM
Bush bashed by bike Grazza Australia 0 February 28th 06 02:43 AM
McEwen bashed by thugs at Indy Shabby Australia 14 October 26th 05 12:23 AM