Solution to Bashed Chainrings?

Old July 23rd 11, 05:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Opus[_2_]

Default Solution to Bashed Chainrings?

On Jul 5, 11:46*pm, Tºm Shermªn °_° ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
This should solve the problem, though I imagine the price will be high:
http://www.seed-your-ideas.com/Triebwerk/en/index.html.

It would also make transporting and going through doors and/or up and
down stairs more easy with a SWB 'bent or tadpole trike.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

If the Speed Drive was modified to take 2 granny sized chainrings
instead of 2 100mm BCD rings that would be better as it has a wider
range than the device in the OP, 2.5:1 as opposed to the 1.6:1 range
of the device in the OP
Old July 23rd 11, 07:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default habitat

On Jul 22, 1:33*am, Chalo wrote:
Mike Vandeman wrote:

Repeating those lies won't make them true. Anyone (with a brain and
some honesty, which excludes you) can read the research and will see
that I am absolutely right and you are dead wrong.

For the above statement to be true, [anyone] must be equal to [Mike
Vandeman]. *That's some kind of inflexible technical definition of
insanity, I think.

For your own benefit, I urge you to

1) seek help and treatment for your illness, and

Your libel is duly noted. Attacking others is how mountain bikers TRY
(and fail) to get the attention off their selfish, destrictive,
disgusting sport.

2) stop pestering sane people.

Liars like you and Tom Sherman are the REAL sickos. All you are doing
is reinforcing mountain bikers' rotten (and accurate) image.

Chalo

Old July 23rd 11, 08:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Jul 22, 8:37*am, SMS wrote:
On 7/22/2011 1:33 AM, Chalo wrote:

snip

2) stop pestering sane people.

Most people here have had him filtered out for years.

Usenet is an emotional outlet for him. It's better that our favorite
troll spend his time posting this nonsense than committing more crimes
against trail users. He may be banned from the trails where the previous
crimes occurred, but there are lots of other trails around where he
could re-offend.

Another positive is that by posting so much fact-free nonsense he is
actually helping to promote mountain biking, which not only aids in
creating a bigger constituency for habitat protection, but helps the
economy in terms of equipment sales. Perhaps that's been his goal all
along, to publicize the positive aspects of mountain biking.

This has been a good thread since it included many links to definitive
research that proves that mountain biking is no more destructive on
habitat than hiking. It's always good to discredit trolls with
irrefutable facts. A lot of people that have done no research
instinctively consider mountain biking to be higher impact to habitat
than hiking or horseback riding, when in fact all the research ever
performed shows the opposite to be the case.

At the dozens of SCIENTIFIC conferences where I have presented my
papers on mountain biking, only ONE mountain biker has ever tried to
give a pro-mountain biking talk. He left with his tail between his
legs, after I pointed out that the "research" he was talking about is
BS. There isn't one shred of real science that supports mountain
biking. OF COURSE. The only people who believe otherwise are mountain
bikers like you, who are AMAZINGLY ignorant and dishonest.
Old July 24th 11, 11:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
T°m Sherm@n

On 7/23/2011 2:01 PM, Mike Vandeman wrote:

At the dozens of SCIENTIFIC conferences where I have presented my
papers on mountain biking, only ONE mountain biker has ever tried to
give a pro-mountain biking talk. He left with his tail between his
legs, after I pointed out that the "research" he was talking about is
BS. There isn't one shred of real science that supports mountain
biking. OF COURSE. The only people who believe otherwise are mountain
bikers like you, who are AMAZINGLY ignorant and dishonest.

Does your probation status allow you to leave the State of California to
attend conferences?

Would you use fossil-fuel powered transportation to get to the
conference, if you were allowed to travel?

Would you take your HANDSAW with you, in case you met up with someone
riding a mountain bike?

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old July 24th 11, 06:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
T°m Sherm@n

On 7/24/2011 9:37 AM, Phil W Lee wrote:
"T°m " considered
Sun, 24 Jul 2011 05:41:48 -0500 the perfect time to write:

On 7/23/2011 2:01 PM, Mike Vandeman wrote:

At the dozens of SCIENTIFIC conferences where I have presented my
papers on mountain biking, only ONE mountain biker has ever tried to
give a pro-mountain biking talk. He left with his tail between his
legs, after I pointed out that the "research" he was talking about is
BS. There isn't one shred of real science that supports mountain
biking. OF COURSE. The only people who believe otherwise are mountain
bikers like you, who are AMAZINGLY ignorant and dishonest.

Does your probation status allow you to leave the State of California to
attend conferences?

Would you use fossil-fuel powered transportation to get to the
conference, if you were allowed to travel?

Would you take your HANDSAW with you, in case you met up with someone
riding a mountain bike?

I can't imagine any airline allowing someone to carry a handsaw,
particularly someone with a criminal conviction for using it on
people.

In fact, any airline captain I know about wouldn't carry anyone with
that kind of record, with or without their favourite weapon.

Mikey V. is retired from Pacific Bell, so he would have plenty of time
to ride his bike and/or take a sailboat to a conference.

Old July 25th 11, 01:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Jul 24, 7:37*am, Phil W Lee wrote:
"T°m Sherm@n" " considered
[...]

Who might that be? Idiot.
Old July 25th 11, 01:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
James[_8_]

Mike Vandeman wrote:
You continue to demonstrate the most AMAZING ignorance. It's obvious
that you knw NOTHING!

Speaking about yourself again?

--
JS.
Old July 25th 11, 01:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
mike fee

In article c807c83b-c7db-4003-923f-
, says...
On Jul 21, 8:34*am, "Ronsonic" wrote:

Shall we release some wolves
into England and tell the locals it's okay, they belong there.

Of course we should. It could be pretty entertaining. Quite how
gruesomely entertaining, you can read in my short story "The
Survivor". Don't get it from Amazon; you have to pay on Amazon. Get it
from Smashwords free of charge
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/72627

Now that is just wonderful, Andre. I have seldom been more entertained
or bemused than I was while perusing the first page of your 'outwrite'.
In my experience, prose of similar quality to yours is seldom found in
the public domain.

It raises intriguing questions, such as: precisely how many limbs do
awkward teenagers usually have?, and; does a plane impacting on frozen
soil really make that noise - or are your teeth special?

--Mike
Old July 25th 11, 09:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Jul 25, 1:37*am, mike fee wrote:
In article c807c83b-c7db-4003-923f-
, says... On Jul 21, 8:34*am, "Ronsonic" wrote:

Shall we release some wolves
into England and tell the locals it's okay, they belong there.

Of course we should. It could be pretty entertaining. Quite how
gruesomely entertaining, you can read in my short story "The
Survivor". Don't get it from Amazon; you have to pay on Amazon. Get it
from Smashwords free of charge
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/72627

Now that is just wonderful, Andre. I have seldom been more entertained
or bemused than I was while perusing the first page of your 'outwrite'.
In my experience, prose of similar quality to yours is seldom found in
the public domain.

I'm glad you enjoyed the story Mike. I give away free books and short
pieces all the time as promotion; it generates word of mouth. If you,
or any other RBTer, want to read the novel, IDITAROD, from which The
Survivor is an outwrite, write to info at coolmainpress with the
commercial extension with the title of the book in the subject line
and Gemma will send you a 100% off coupon to use at Smashwords.

It raises intriguing questions, such as: precisely how many limbs do
awkward teenagers usually have?, and; does a plane impacting on frozen
soil really make that noise - or are your teeth special?

Ha! Another writer was also stopped by teenagers with too many limbs.
See, an outwrite is in a much rawer state than the text in a novel,
which is obsessively rewritten and polished. In a sense, the readers
of an outwrite are its copy-editors. In a while I'll update the story
with solutions to all the valid difficulties reported to me, including
images that stop readers when that isn't my intention, and eventually
it will be as polished, and flow as smoothly, as the novel itself.

Try dragging your finger across your hair when you've just washed it,
or against your teeth when you've just brushed them. You'll hear the
squeak of cleanliness.

Andre Jute
Visit Andre's books
http://coolmainpress.com/andrejute.html
Old July 28th 11, 06:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
T°m Sherm@n

On 7/24/2011 7:30 PM, James wrote:
Mike Vandeman wrote:
You continue to demonstrate the most AMAZING ignorance. It's obvious
that you knw NOTHING!

Speaking about yourself again?

I think Mikey V. is building a supporting background with his Usenet
postings for a future insanity defense.

Cyclist Bashed Craig Strong Australia 21 January 31st 07 04:58 AM
Bush bashed by bike Grazza Australia 0 February 28th 06 02:43 AM
McEwen bashed by thugs at Indy Shabby Australia 14 October 26th 05 12:23 AM