An issue with patch kits.

Old July 17th 03, 02:17 PM
Carla A-G

Default An issue with patch kits.

Why is it when you buy a patch kit, they give only you a couple of patches.
You wind up using all the patches and are left over with 3/4 of the tube of
glue. We have more tubes of glue than we can think of what to do.

Why can't they just include more patches equal to the amount of glue that
they give you?

More musings to follow...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old July 17th 03, 02:21 PM
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

Carla A-G wrote:

Why is it when you buy a patch kit, they give only you a couple of patches.
You wind up using all the patches and are left over with 3/4 of the tube of
glue. We have more tubes of glue than we can think of what to do.

Why can't they just include more patches equal to the amount of glue that
they give you?

More musings to follow...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

I've been cutting some in half, most holes are pretty small.

Old July 17th 03, 02:23 PM
Alan McClure

"Carla A-G" wrote in message
Why is it when you buy a patch kit, they give only you a couple of

patches.
You wind up using all the patches and are left over with 3/4 of the tube

of
glue. We have more tubes of glue than we can think of what to do.

Why can't they just include more patches equal to the amount of glue that
they give you?

More musings to follow...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

On a different note: Are the patch kits with glue significantly stronger
than the glueless self sticking patches? I have a couple on my rear tube,
and have had for about a month now. They have held so far.....

A.

Old July 17th 03, 02:37 PM
Shaun Rimmer

Carla A-G wrote in message
Why is it when you buy a patch kit, they give only you a couple of

patches.
You wind up using all the patches and are left over with 3/4 of the tube

of
glue. We have more tubes of glue than we can think of what to do.

Why can't they just include more patches equal to the amount of glue that
they give you?

More musings to follow...

It's in case you shoot 3/4 of the glue across the floor when you first
pierce the foil seal.......ahem.

Shaun aRe - Obverously - duh!

Old July 17th 03, 03:35 PM
Chris

"Carla A-G" wrote in message
Why is it when you buy a patch kit, they give only you a couple of

patches.
You wind up using all the patches and are left over with 3/4 of the tube

of
glue. We have more tubes of glue than we can think of what to do.

Why can't they just include more patches equal to the amount of glue that
they give you?

More musings to follow...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Martha Stewart says when you do retire a tube, patched or not, cut circles
out of the remaining good parts to use as patches on the new tubes. Then,
use the remaining leftover glue you have lying around.

Re-using old tubes: it's a good thing.

Chris

Old July 17th 03, 03:58 PM
Sorni

"Carla A-G" wrote in message
Why is it when you buy a patch kit, they give only you a couple of

patches.
You wind up using all the patches and are left over with 3/4 of the tube

of
glue. We have more tubes of glue than we can think of what to do.

Better than other way around, of course.

I never seem to have glue on hand when I need it. Superglue dries up
immediately once opened, and other types simply disappear.

Maybe I should start buying glue-type patch kits! (I get the cheapie
stick-on ones, and they actually have worked well for me.)

Nearly sorted,

Bill

Old July 17th 03, 04:43 PM
MattB

"Carla A-G" wrote in message
Why is it when you buy a patch kit, they give only you a couple of

patches.
You wind up using all the patches and are left over with 3/4 of the tube

of
glue. We have more tubes of glue than we can think of what to do.

Why can't they just include more patches equal to the amount of glue that
they give you?

More musings to follow...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

The rest is for huffing!

Matt

Old July 17th 03, 05:38 PM
gabrielle

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 06:37:55 -0700, Shaun Rimmer wrote:

It's in case you shoot 3/4 of the glue across the floor when you first
pierce the foil seal.......ahem.

Quit braggin' rimmah!

gabrielle
Old July 17th 03, 05:40 PM
bomba

Carla A-G wrote:
Why is it when you buy a patch kit, they give only you a couple of patches.
You wind up using all the patches and are left over with 3/4 of the tube of
glue. We have more tubes of glue than we can think of what to do.

I just sell them to the pikey kids down the skatepark.

bomba - glue pusher

a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

Old July 17th 03, 05:51 PM
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Re-using old tubes: it's a good thing.

Holy **** - I have tried this so many times. I sanded the tube fragment,
applied the glue, waited to dry, mashed it down, waited overnight, start to
pump, and psssssssssssssssssssssss it goes.

Seriously, has anyone here used the glue with an old inner tube and gotten
it to work? It can't be the florida humidity...

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Patch kits obsolete? Mike Kruger General 27 July 21st 04 08:05 PM
ARRRRRGH Luigi de Guzman General 65 April 30th 04 03:35 AM
Ron Hardin: Frozen patch glue Pete Hickey General 2 January 11th 04 02:42 AM