Nana turns bad!

Old March 22nd 07, 10:01 AM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama[_49_]

Default Nana turns bad!

Rolling home tonight after a nice hill training session, nana pulls out
across my path and cuts me off as I'm approaching Doncaster Rd/Balwyn
Rd lights. A near miss, but I saw it coming. I gave her a "Hey! C'mon
that wasn't very fair was it?"... I managed to keep it polite and
informative. Nana in her little white hatchback didn't even look
sideways at me as she pulled forward. No worries, nana must have
spacial awareness issues. Such are the breaks when riding on the roads
I thought.

I roll onto Kilby Rd, a fine well lit road with a nice bike lane.
Spinning along (yeah, on the SS 39/15) cooling down from the session.
Not a car in sight, a nice warm night... nothing could be better....
wait, what's that car doing tailgating me? BEEEEP BEEEEEP BEEEEEP....
I turn to see nana on the horn having some choice words to me. WTF?!?!
I let out a ROFL, followed by some very loud questioning of her
motives... She pulls a u-turn, downs her window and screams out
"Follow the road rules next time" at me. Again, WTF?! Those who know
me in person no doubt know I'm a loud mouth, and at 8:15pm tonight the
hills were alive with the sound of a bellowing lama! I asked her to
step of of the car if she wanted to make a point. Then inviting her
back for further discussion on the matter. I managed to keep from
using offending language all through the lung busting screaming session
- all while nana slowly rolled away with the window down. ok ok, I let
my guard down the very end where I was out of material and accused you
of being a lady of the night, maybe not in those words though.

Damn nana, if you want to pick fights with a man, how about you stand
and fight like a man? From someone who cut me off then didnt
batter an eyelid, to going out of her way to chase me down and hurl
abuse at me? I bet she almost swallowed her false teeth when letting
out her creaky spray.

Anyways - I win. I love a good wake up call like that, bellowing at
max volume for a good cause. Nobody drug test me in the next day or
so, the testosterone levels may be a little high after that primal
screaming....

rrrrrroooooooarrrrrrrrrr!!!
lama

--
gplama

Old March 22nd 07, 11:28 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_69_]

gplama Wrote:
WTF?!?! I let out a ROFL, followed by some very loud questioning of
her motives... She pulls a u-turn, downs her window and screams out
"Follow the road rules next time" at me.

That one usually comes from people who haven't a clue about whatever
the road rules are, or are prone to making stuff up to suit themselves.
i.e.: a cheap shot.

Your anecdote reminded me of a less than pleasant encounter I had about
6-7 years ago in West Brunswick. Scenario: mid-morning, yours truly and
pedally tootling along in the bike lane, no other soul or road user in
sight. Until a old chap in a late model Stolen starts tailgating me.
Then he draws up alongside, lowers the passenger side window and
commences a puerile stream of, well lets just say, disgusting sexist
remarks. Ok, hmmm, nothing uttered really burnt my delicate ears. Then
the penny drops, he thinks I'm a *little girl*, and he's getting his
jollies by doing this. Red mist descends and cfsmtb HQ goes to DEFCON
2.

I slow up, drift around the back of the car and draw up to the drivers
side. Gentle tap on the window, "Hey mate ... "

Well lets just say this dirty old creep then realised I was several
decades older than he initially thought, and the air turned a dark
shade of blue after I finished venting ones spleen. He ****ed off
rather speedily too.

--
cfsmtb

Old March 22nd 07, 11:44 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On Mar 22, 8:01 pm, gplama gplama.2nu...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
[...]

Haha, I guess now you know what spawned the local bogan lads. Egg her
house when they hoon.

Donga

Old March 22nd 07, 12:05 PM posted to aus.bicycle
petulance

On Mar 22, 9:01 pm, gplama gplama.2nu...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:

snip

I roll onto Kilby Rd, a fine well lit road with a nice bike lane.
Spinning along (yeah, on the SS 39/15) cooling down from the session.
Not a car in sight, a nice warm night... nothing could be better....
wait, what's that car doing tailgating me? BEEEEP BEEEEEP BEEEEEP....
I turn to see nana on the horn having some choice words to me. WTF?!?!

Maybe she doesn't like single speeders?

*ducks*

Old March 22nd 07, 09:55 PM posted to aus.bicycle
kanangara[_5_]

petulance Wrote:

Maybe she doesn't like single speeders?

*ducks*

That's just silly, everyone loves single speeders. You're lucky you're
not going to the Sydney 24hr...

Parbs

--
kanangara

Old March 22nd 07, 10:44 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc

cfsmtb wrote:

Well lets just say this dirty old creep then realised I was several
decades older than he initially thought, and the air turned a dark
shade of blue after I finished venting ones spleen. He ****ed off
rather speedily too.

Ones like that should be reported to the police with rego number. They
are now big on pedophile action since Laura Norder started turning up to
vote.

Old March 22nd 07, 10:51 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

Terryc wrote:

Ones like that should be reported to the police with rego number.

Yes, but how do you expain to them that a pedophile tried to accost your 40
something year old?

They
are now big on pedophile action since Laura Norder started turning up
to vote.

Who's Laura Norder? Ahh Law and Order. I still don't get it though.

Theo

Old March 22nd 07, 11:01 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter

gplama wrote:

Damn nana, if you want to pick fights with a man, how about you stand
and fight like a man? From someone who cut me off then didnt
batter an eyelid, to going out of her way to chase me down and hurl
abuse at me? I bet she almost swallowed her false teeth when letting
out her creaky spray.

Anyways - I win. I love a good wake up call like that, bellowing at
max volume for a good cause. Nobody drug test me in the next day or
so, the testosterone levels may be a little high after that primal
screaming....

Better hope Nana isn't the mother of a well known Melbourne underworld
identity...
Old March 23rd 07, 03:14 AM posted to aus.bicycle
petulance

On Mar 23, 8:55 am, kanangara kanangara.2nv...@no-
petulance Wrote:

Maybe she doesn't like single speeders?

*ducks*

That's just silly, everyone loves single speeders. You're lucky you're
not going to the Sydney 24hr...

Parbs

no, I won't be at the Sydney 24 Hour but I'm on the waiting list for
the Dirtworks Classic. Here's hoping they have removed last year's
"push your bike up a very long and steep path" at the start.

Old March 23rd 07, 07:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Joel Mayes

On 2007-03-22, gplama wrote:

[...]

I once got something like this from a young italian lady in a 4WD who
swerved around me, ran a stop sign and got T-boned by another 4WD,
apparently it was all my fault!

Cheers

Joel

So it turns out president_luke Unicycling 1 February 19th 07 06:21 AM
So it turns out tobbogonist Unicycling 0 February 19th 07 06:20 AM
Leaning turns Stu Carter Unicycling 15 July 13th 05 08:48 PM
braking in turns Just zis Guy, you know? Techniques 2 October 7th 04 09:17 PM
Turns Will_simmons Unicycling 8 June 10th 04 10:51 PM