Steel frames and le Tour

Old July 7th 08, 07:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing

Default Steel frames and le Tour

Anyone know the last year a steel frame was used by a racing cyclist
in the TdF?
Old July 8th 08, 03:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Jul 7, 11:22*am, wrote:
Anyone know the last year a steel frame was used by a racing cyclist
in the TdF?

Yes.
Old July 8th 08, 11:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Rodney Dunning

On Jul 7, 2:22*pm, wrote:
Anyone know the last year a steel frame was used by a racing cyclist
in the TdF?

1989? Maybe early 90s.

--
Rodney Dunning
Old July 9th 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 7, 10:31 pm, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
On Jul 7, 11:22 am, wrote:

Anyone know the last year a steel frame was used by a racing cyclist
in the TdF?

Yes.

What a relief! At least we're all not "Dumbasses" (myself excluded,
of course).

So, what was the year, what we're the teams and what frames?
Old July 9th 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 7, 11:22 am, wrote:

Anyone know the last year a steel frame was used by a racing cyclist
in the TdF?

Yes.

What a relief! At least we're all not "Dumbasses" (myself excluded,
of course).

So, what was the year, what we're the teams and what frames?

Since everyone knows that Armstrong won 1993 Worlds on a concealed Ti
bike, I would assume that the official Motorola bike that year was
steel.

-ilan
Old July 9th 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
bfd

On Jul 7, 11:22*am, wrote:
Anyone know the last year a steel frame was used by a racing cyclist
in the TdF?

Not sure about the TdF, but here's the last steel frame to win any
kind of championship:

http://www.bikespecialties.com/site/peloton4.html

Btw, that's Dede Barry's 2002 world cup steel frame with carbon fork.
Here's her description of it:

"I wanted a steel bike, for durability and strength, with the vintage
Mariposa lugs. He ordered the lightest steel available, pieced it
together with the lugs, placed a lightweight, stiff carbon fork on it
and painted the whole bike, including the stem and fork, light and
royal blue. We chose Campagnolo components and he had it all built up
for me in two weeks, just in time to get dialed in on it before the
race."
Old July 10th 08, 12:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 9, 4:38*pm, bfd wrote:
On Jul 7, 11:22*am, wrote:

Anyone know the last year a steel frame was used by a racing cyclist
in the TdF?

Not sure about the TdF, but here's the last steel frame to win any
kind of championship:

http://www.bikespecialties.com/site/peloton4.html

Btw, that's Dede Barry's 2002 world cup steel frame with carbon fork.
Here's her description of it:

"I wanted a steel bike, for durability and strength, with the vintage
Mariposa lugs. He ordered the lightest steel available, pieced it
together with the lugs, placed a lightweight, stiff carbon fork on it
and painted the whole bike, including the stem and fork, light and
royal blue. We chose Campagnolo components and he had it all built up
for me in two weeks, just in time to get dialed in on it before the
race."

Thanks. That's a gorgeous bike. Love that color-coordinated stem.

Old July 10th 08, 02:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
It's Chris

http://www.bikespecialties.com/site/peloton4.html

What a gogeous machine! Elegance that no TIG welder or pencil lead
weaver can ever hope to match!

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

My website:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

Old July 10th 08, 09:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

bfd wrote:
Btw, that's Dede Barry's 2002 world cup steel frame with carbon fork.
Here's her description of it:

"I wanted a steel bike, for durability and strength

Ah, a Bianchi then.
Old July 10th 08, 03:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 7, 1:22*pm, wrote:
Anyone know the last year a steel frame was used by a racing cyclist
in the TdF?

I know up until the mid-90's, Mapei was rockin the Steel Masterlight
in Paris Roubaix.

Steel frames and le Tour [email protected] Racing 611 August 29th 08 08:42 AM
Italian/steel frames need more prep? Phil, Squid-in-Training Techniques 84 April 13th 06 03:56 PM
BB on steel frames PJay Techniques 8 November 1st 05 04:16 AM
Steel Road frames firewolf65 General 8 April 12th 05 03:59 PM
Good Steel Frames danimal Off Road 2 May 29th 04 05:46 AM