It's not science until Pope Urban VIII says so

Old May 13th 20, 02:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

Default It's not science until Pope Urban VIII says so

On Tue, 12 May 2020 10:14:40 -0700, cyclintom wrote:

On Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 2:13:08 AM UTC-7, Sepp Ruf wrote:
news18 wrote:
On Mon, 11 May 2020 09:24:30 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

Speaking of dynamic inquiry I received this yesterday:

https://video.repubblica.it/dossier/...us-wuhan-2020/

coronavirus-
zaia-se-il-virus-perde-forza-vuol-dire-che-e-

artificiale/360030/360583?
ref=RHPPTP-BS-I253430426-

An hypothesis that the rate of mutation is inconsistent with a
natural virus (as opposed to man made). I don't know enough to have
an opinion on that aspect.

(Sigh!) You are wrong contributing in this thread, then.

Err, the rate of antibiotic resistance is also increasing, so why
would viri be any different.

It's actually "vires," dude !!! Don't you know science^WBitcoin !?!?

If it helps, science has long accepted the concept of punctuated
equillibrium when change occurs in "short periods" interspersed with
long "stabe' periods. It just might be viri's turn.

No, no, no !!! Trump did it !!! He got a virus sample from Pence,
irradiated the virus with the right electro-magnetic frequencies (Luc
Montagnier told him) to mutate more rapidly, and set it free, via Musk
satellites, in Lombardy.

To replicate the virus must convert to DNA. To mutate successfully each
pair in the virus has a 1 in 77,000 chance of being successful. 99% of
all of the genetic sequences are noise and hence saying that there are
"mutations" is absolutely meaningless unless the "mutations" are to the
active portions of the genetic sequence.

Again Tommie, you demonstrate that you are nothing more than a trained
monkey, who doesn't fully understand the material that he is pratelling
on about.

It might be "noise" to humans, but the (latin pedantics can insert your
versions of virus plural here) viri doesn't seem to think so. Organisms
tend not to carry totally useless genetic material. As far as we know, it
is either sequences of use in the past or 'random?' guesses that might be
useful in the future.

Now what was the branch of DNA study the recently had that enlightenment
that all our "junk" dna was actually useful dna?

It is important to understand things such as your immune system usually
reacts to the "noise segment" and not the active segments of most virus
and this is why you can continually catch a cold simply because the four
separate rhino viruses mutate areas that your immune system reacts to
without reacting to the active regions which cause the symptoms.

I'm sure that most people have absolutely no idea of how many viruses
there are and how most of them have either no effect on the human body
or trigger the immune system so rapidly that you show no trace of an
attempted infection.

This is why infectious disease experts such as Fauci always have a deep
seated fear that this virus will be the one that wipes out humanity. It
has never occurred before and never will in the future because the human
immune systems was designed to keep such a thing from happening. Ebola
as horrible as it was only killed half of those it infected.

That really is a suflous statement. It is basic ecology that any
predator* doesn't wipe out it's host or prey, because then it wipes out
itself. * Except humans.

The Spanish Flu Epidemic killed about half of its victims as well and
occurred from 2018 until 2020 at which time it disappeared leaving not
just those who contracted the illness immune to it but apparently
hereditarily immune. This appears to be why the outbreak of H1N1 virus
which is likely to have been the Spanish Flu had so little effect.

Funny, how it only works with certain viri and if someone forgets where
the mass bodies are buried and they are disturbed an out break can happen
again.

Old May 13th 20, 02:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

news18 wrote:
[...]

Virus is a regular second declension, plural viri. In
English it's usually treated like a fourth declension, viruses.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old May 13th 20, 03:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 6:32:04 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:

Virus is a regular second declension, plural viri. In
English it's usually treated like a fourth declension, viruses.

Since outside of a Catholic Church few people speak Latin, perhaps it is best not to get into the complexities of plural and singular and genitive.
Old May 14th 20, 02:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 11:27:32 PM UTC+1, wrote:
On Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 2:47:10 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 6:14:42 PM UTC+1, wrote:

[...]

So, to follow your line of thought through to a logical conclusion, what are the chances that the current coronavirus is a mutation of the flu virus of which we already know a great deal, including developing measures that year by year largely beat if you take your shots?

Andre Jute
The common cold will keep Earth safe by killing any alien invader -- H G Wells, hugely paraphrased

Yeah, but what if the alien invaders are a virus? -- Isaac Asimov, waxing expansive while smoking one of my special Romeo y Julieta Torpedo

I couldn't even hazard a guess but think it unlikely since they are dramatically different in the surface neuraminidase nodules. I have absolutely no idea of what changes would cause that. Remember that covid-19 has an 87% similarity to a virus from a Chinese horseshoe bat. All of the other similarities are to MERS and SARS corona viruses and not at all to the Flu virus.

Thanks. -- AJ
Old May 14th 20, 02:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 2:30:07 AM UTC+1, news18 wrote:

It might be "noise" to humans, but the (latin pedantics can insert your
versions of virus plural here) viri doesn't seem to think so. Organisms
tend not to carry totally useless genetic material. As far as we know, it
is either sequences of use in the past or 'random?' guesses that might be
useful in the future.

You are such a hopeless idiot, Little Peter Howard. Can you do simple factorial multiplication? That is why Darwin is currently under attack, because more time than since the beginning of the universe would be required to search for beneficial pairings among the junk strings to create just one small mutation, never mind the groups of major mutations that seem a clear necessity from what Tom has been telling us.

Now what was the branch of DNA study the recently had that enlightenment
that all our "junk" dna was actually useful dna?

That argument, made in defense of Darwin, and parroted by you without thought, is actually an admission that with what we know now Darwin is indefensible. Only Neanderthals and Luddites (like that German who bragged about his PhD in model-building who has "faith" in Darwin) still believe in Darwin. And thoughtless morons like you, prattling incomprehensibly in what you believe is "science-speak".

Andre Jute
It takes very little effort to put your mind in gear.
Old May 14th 20, 03:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Wed, 13 May 2020 18:30:10 -0700, Andre Jute wrote:

On Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 2:30:07 AM UTC+1, news18 wrote:

It might be "noise" to humans, but the (latin pedantics can insert your
versions of virus plural here) viri doesn't seem to think so. Organisms
tend not to carry totally useless genetic material. As far as we know,
it is either sequences of use in the past or 'random?' guesses that
might be useful in the future.

You are such a hopeless idiot, Little Peter Howard. Can you do simple
factorial multiplication?

Err, you can not even follow a thread.
Still suffering from the fantasy "Attack of the Peter Howards".
What did you plagurise from him?.
Old May 14th 20, 06:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 3:12:11 AM UTC+1, news18 wrote:
On Wed, 13 May 2020 18:30:10 -0700, Andre Jute wrote:

On Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 2:30:07 AM UTC+1, news18 wrote:

It might be "noise" to humans, but the (latin pedantics can insert your
versions of virus plural here) viri doesn't seem to think so. Organisms
tend not to carry totally useless genetic material. As far as we know,
it is either sequences of use in the past or 'random?' guesses that
might be useful in the future.

You are such a hopeless idiot, Little Peter Howard. Can you do simple
factorial multiplication?

Err, you can not even follow a thread.

Oh yes, I can. So can everyone else here. You cut away my text because you have no answer and no excuses fo the points I make, you silly little man. I reprint it below for posterity (and your answers, if you belatedly think up any).

Still suffering from the fantasy "Attack of the Peter Howards".

Oh, Little Peter Howard is all rolled-up handkerchief in his jeans and no wherewithal. He doesn't have the balls or the skill to attack someone like me. That's why here on RBT he hides behind the pseudonym "news18". But this little man, who doesn't even have the originally to invent a name to which Google doesn't attach the number of all his predecessors in his imaginative failure, who stole and stole from my literary works, who can't even spell plagiarise, accuses me:

What did you plagurise from him?.

Yo, thief Peter Howard, in one sentence you've justified your entire miserable life by making me laugh.

You dimbo, you've invited the question of why anyone should steal from a worthless nobody like you, one who can't spell or structure a comprehensible sentence but fancies himself a writer all the same, the archetypal loser who thinks that nibbling at the ankles of his betters makes him their equal.

Unsigned out of contempt for the zero-talent thief Peter Howard.

MY TEXT THAT THE THIEF PETER HOWARD CUT BECAUSE HE HAS NO ANSWERS AND NO EXCUSES:

****

VIDEO :The Pope Simon Mason UK 15 August 25th 11 05:42 PM
Reminder to the cycling newsgroups from Ed Dolan the Great - VIII Rick Recumbent Biking 0 September 28th 07 07:16 PM
Routine maintenance, Part VIII Michael Press Techniques 4 April 8th 07 05:18 PM
New Pope Praying for Jan Sir Topham Hat Racing 5 May 23rd 05 10:30 AM
[Way OT] New Pope Zog The Undeniable Techniques 2 April 20th 05 12:49 AM