My Bike Collection.

Old July 23rd 20, 05:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default My Bike Collection.

Well, I have finally hit the peak and won't be buying any more bikes. The Emonda with Di2 is everything you would want in a bike. The Madone with manual DuraAce is a great ride. The Steel Lemond has almost no weight penalty and I m presently installing DuraAce Di2 on the Colnago CLX3.0.

I am still trying to sell the Basso Loto but people would prefer a piece of junk from Walmart which they would then spend a fortune to upgrade than to get a good bike with Campy 10 speed to start with.

I have a flat bar disk brake group and I get emails from people who think that they can put this on a road bike that doesn't have disk attachments. I suppose everyone has to learn but do they have to do so on my time?

Sooner or later the group will sell and the Basso will sell and I will have room in my garage. That would be nice because if my wife wants to ride with her daughter I have to lift her Mercian off of the ceiling hooks. While that Mercian may be a better bike than the Basso, her 54 cm Mercian is easily 4 lbs heavier than the 62 cm Basso that having Campy Neurons on it weights 21.7 lbs.

I hit a pothole with the Neurons and broke a rear spoke I figured that wheel was probably too light for me so I bought a rear Neutron which is a little heavier build but the rebuilt Neuron would go with the bike and probably knock a half pound off of it. Replacing the saddle with a Specialized would knock another 1/2 lb off of that. You could put a lighter bar and stem on it to bring it down under 20 lbs if you were really a weight weenie but I don't see the point in pulling weight off of a bike when most cyclists do not climb through the hills like I do. It is usual for me to be passed by one or two young guys on any of my climbing rides. And NO ONE at all on the hard climbs. And I am slow so if people climbed they would pass me.

We were talking about my Garmins before and I finally got the Garmin program off of the net and registered them. They had some rides from last year from the people who previously owned them in them and looking at them, though some of the rides were pretty long, and fast, none of them were climbing. So I assume this is the sort of riding that most people do.

I have to wonder why the Basso hasn't sold though with it so hard to get a good moderately priced bike these days.

BMX collection on TV Jack Russell Australia 2 March 30th 08 12:14 PM
Google Maps "bike there" petition -- data collection projects in VA? Matt O'Toole General 0 March 9th 08 07:44 AM
ferrari collection zacksnakerz Racing 0 December 1st 07 05:35 AM
For my collection Racing 20 August 1st 06 03:09 AM
Two more to the collection... andrew_carter Unicycling 18 March 3rd 04 05:28 AM