Covid-19 and politics.

Old July 28th 20, 05:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Covid-19 and politics.

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 07:06:17 -0700, John B. Slocomb
wrote:

Errr... Frank was asking me about the date my COMPUTER showed on a
post and I was replying vis-a-vis with my computer and you are the
second guy that is nattering on about a hand phone :-)

Oops, sorry. Please pardon my off topic curiosity, but what manner of
computer operating system would change the language when changing the
region or location? Are you perhaps running Android on a PC?
"How to install Android on PC"
https://www.androidauthority.com/install-android-pc-668643/

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old July 28th 20, 06:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

wrote:

Errr... Frank was asking me about the date my COMPUTER showed on a
post and I was replying vis-a-vis with my computer and you are the
second guy that is nattering on about a hand phone :-)

Oops, sorry. Please pardon my off topic curiosity, but what manner of
computer operating system would change the language when changing the
region or location? Are you perhaps running Android on a PC?
"How to install Android on PC"
https://www.androidauthority.com/install-android-pc-668643/

Linux Mint, does, or did in previous versions. If you selected
Bangkok, for example, during installation it would select Thai
language as the default language.

I can't say whether this was continued in later versions as I simply
select Los Angles as my location and install the system and than
change the location later, and have been doing this for years as it
works.

And, some time I forget to change the location and thus the date and
time will be wrong until I happen to notice it and correct it.

Cheers,
John B.
Old July 28th 20, 08:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

wrote:

Errr... Frank was asking me about the date my COMPUTER showed on a post
and I was replying vis-a-vis with my computer and you are the second guy
that is nattering on about a hand phone :-)

Oops, sorry. Please pardon my off topic curiosity, but what manner of
computer operating system would change the language when changing the
region or location?

Both MS Windows and Linux SET assumed regional qualities on installation.
Old July 28th 20, 05:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

wrote:

Errr... Frank was asking me about the date my COMPUTER showed on a
post and I was replying vis-a-vis with my computer and you are the
second guy that is nattering on about a hand phone :-)

Oops, sorry. Please pardon my off topic curiosity, but what manner of
computer operating system would change the language when changing the
region or location? Are you perhaps running Android on a PC?
"How to install Android on PC"
https://www.androidauthority.com/install-android-pc-668643/

Linux Mint, does, or did in previous versions. If you selected
Bangkok, for example, during installation it would select Thai
language as the default language.

Thanks. I just did a fresh install on my home office computer with
Linux Mint Cinnamon 20. I didn't run into the
region/locale/language/TZ problem because of my location in
California. I'll be doing another install in a few days and will try
duplicating the problem. I can't believe that authors of the install
script would tie the language to the TZ.

I can't say whether this was continued in later versions as I simply
select Los Angles as my location and install the system and than
change the location later, and have been doing this for years as it
works.

And, some time I forget to change the location and thus the date and
time will be wrong until I happen to notice it and correct it.

Well, your time string still shows as -0700, which puts you on the US
left coast. Usually, it's +0700 for Thailand.

"How to Change the Timezone in Linux"
https://www.wikihow.com/Change-the-Timezone-in-Linux
None of the recommended methods show any change in the default
language. Weird.