A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop will no longer service cops' bikes due to BLM

Old August 16th 20, 01:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop will no longer service cops' bikes due to BLM

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lan...tter-protests/

I'll bet the Austin P.D. is really losing a lot of sleep over Lance's decision (not!)

Never underestimate Lance's abilities to lie and be a hypocrite.
Ads
Old August 16th 20, 06:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop will no longer service cops' bikes dueto BLM

On Sunday, August 16, 2020 at 5:50:12 AM UTC-7, wrote:

I'll bet the Austin P.D. is really losing a lot of sleep over Lance's decision (not!)

I suggest you take your opinions and shove them where the sun don't shine. Terminating the contract may be for no other reason than to not have APD bikes on display making their shop a target for looters. It may have even been suggested by local officers who haven't been allowed to protect businesses. There are reasons that people like you were slapped around in school by bullies. You are afraid of anything.
Old August 16th 20, 07:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi
external usenet poster

Default Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop will no longer service cops' bikesdue to BLM

On 8/16/2020 12:10 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:

I suggest you take your opinions and shove them where the sun don't shine. Terminating the contract may be for no other reason than to not have APD bikes on display making their shop a target for looters. It may have even been suggested by local officers who haven't been allowed to protect businesses. There are reasons that people like you were slapped around in school by bullies. You are afraid of anything.

Could be, but you don't know that either.
Some business owners are just wackos, like the population at
large[1].

There's a coffee shop next to my favorite burrito joint with
its windows painted alternately 'BLM' and 'Silence is
violence'[1]. The owner probably thinks keeping half of
America out of his place makes some sense.

[1] People here used to commonly say, 'Hey, it's a free
country'. You don't hear that much nowadays.

[2] sic. That's verbatim! An internally conflicted phrase I
do not actually understand.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Old August 16th 20, 07:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, August 16, 2020 at 11:08:17 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:

large[1].

Although I couldn't say for sure, Lance it probably a conservative since he has most of his money tied up in investments that were made for him by Tom Weisel. That is why he could return all of that money to his "team" and still be a multimillionaire. Just having the USE of that sort of money over a couple of years could make you rich.

With Joe Biden promising to vastly expand taxes on the rich and the poor and to institute inheritance taxes and spend money like its just paper, how many people do you think are going to vote for him? My main concern is that none of us know who would be running this country. Certainly neither Harris or Biden would. Throughout their lives these two have shown themselves to follow orders and not to issue them.
Old August 16th 20, 07:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi
external usenet poster

Default Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop will no longer service cops' bikes due to BLM

On 8/16/2020 1:34 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Sunday, August 16, 2020 at 11:08:17 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:

large[1].

Although I couldn't say for sure, Lance it probably a conservative since he has most of his money tied up in investments that were made for him by Tom Weisel. That is why he could return all of that money to his "team" and still be a multimillionaire. Just having the USE of that sort of money over a couple of years could make you rich.

With Joe Biden promising to vastly expand taxes on the rich and the poor and to institute inheritance taxes and spend money like its just paper, how many people do you think are going to vote for him? My main concern is that none of us know who would be running this country. Certainly neither Harris or Biden would. Throughout their lives these two have shown themselves to follow orders and not to issue them.

I have no idea about Mr Armstrong's political persuasion, if
any. There's this:
https://hollowverse.com/lance-armstrong/

Maybe not dispositive but that first quotation is a keeper!
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Old August 16th 20, 10:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, August 16, 2020 at 1:50:12 PM UTC+1, wrote:

And I want it on the record that I will no longer defend Lance Armstrong's right to take as many drugs as he wants to take. I hereby withdraw my moral support from Armstrong, his bike shop, and the Fuji and Trek managements who are wimps who can't find the courage to say, "**** supporting cop killers," or even the polite version, "Our business is bicycles, not politics." They deserve to have their businesses go down the tubes for their cowardice.

Andre Jute
I agree with those managements' obvious calculation, that most cyclists are pink in the middle. But in what universe does it follow that businesses dealing with cyclists should undermine an orderly society by supporting the ambushers, killers and blinders (by laser in Portland) of policemen? What follows from *that* is the bubblegum rally in which people run down bicyclist with their trucks for sport -- and get away with it.
Old August 16th 20, 10:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]
external usenet poster

Something else:
How can people who presumably went to college -- the Fuji and Trek managements -- fail to grasp that nonsense like "Silence is violence" and "If you aren't an anti-racist [defined as swallowing the BLM agenda wholesale] you're a racist" is kindergarten moral blackmail, pure, straightforward bullying.. -- AJ

On Sunday, August 16, 2020 at 10:16:22 PM UTC+1, Andre Jute wrote:
On Sunday, August 16, 2020 at 1:50:12 PM UTC+1, wrote:

And I want it on the record that I will no longer defend Lance Armstrong's right to take as many drugs as he wants to take. I hereby withdraw my moral support from Armstrong, his bike shop, and the Fuji and Trek managements who are wimps who can't find the courage to say, "**** supporting cop killers," or even the polite version, "Our business is bicycles, not politics." They deserve to have their businesses go down the tubes for their cowardice.

Andre Jute
I agree with those managements' obvious calculation, that most cyclists are pink in the middle. But in what universe does it follow that businesses dealing with cyclists should undermine an orderly society by supporting the ambushers, killers and blinders (by laser in Portland) of policemen? What follows from *that* is the bubblegum rally in which people run down bicyclist with their trucks for sport -- and get away with it.

Old August 17th 20, 01:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, August 16, 2020 at 2:26:29 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
Something else:
How can people who presumably went to college -- the Fuji and Trek managements -- fail to grasp that nonsense like "Silence is violence" and "If you aren't an anti-racist [defined as swallowing the BLM agenda wholesale] you're a racist" is kindergarten moral blackmail, pure, straightforward bullying. -- AJ

That's OK, that only goes so far. The board of directors will have their say about upper management and I can't help thinking that it isn't going to be very pleasant.
Old August 17th 20, 03:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, August 16, 2020 at 5:50:28 PM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
Something else:
How can people who presumably went to college -- the Fuji and Trek managements -- fail to grasp that nonsense like "Silence is violence" and "If you aren't an anti-racist [defined as swallowing the BLM agenda wholesale] you're a racist" is kindergarten moral blackmail, pure, straightforward bullying. -- AJ

That's OK, that only goes so far. The board of directors will have their say about upper management and I can't help thinking that it isn't going to be very pleasant.

I just listened to 'The Move' and although Lance wouldn't go into detail it sounds to me as if the younger generation who work in the shop are stupid enough to buy that BLM crap. What they are going to find out that extremists of any sort couldn't care less about what you think. They are in it for themselves.
Old August 17th 20, 10:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, August 17, 2020 at 1:50:28 AM UTC+1, Tom Kunich wrote:
Something else:

Good for the Board. And if they fail in their duty, the shareholders should revolt at the AGM. -- AJ