Tour de France

Old August 26th 20, 03:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Tour de France

On Tue, 25 Aug 2020 20:15:42 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 8/25/2020 7:23 PM, Mark J. wrote:
On 8/25/2020 3:44 PM, Mark J. wrote:
On 8/25/2020 2:56 PM, wrote:
On Monday, August 24, 2020 at 3:24:06 PM UTC-5,
wrote:
The Tour starts this Saturday. I assume that it will be
on NBC Saturday and Sunday and then on NBC Sports for
the rest of the Tour.
I would like to watch this and even would consider paying
but my question is the timing. Can you watch it later in
the day. I am not going to be able to watch it live and I
wonder if there are other options. I do not have
television so can only do it by some streaming or
internet. Anyone know options

Deacon mark

Not having a TV may eliminate your "free" options. I've
always watched on cable TV, or online over a VPN on, say,
French TV, so I'm not fully aware of free online
options. [VPN = Virtual Private Network, e.g. NordVPN]Â
This summer, even with the VPN, French and Italian TV seem
to be aware that I'm outside their broadcast area, and
don't allow me to stream. I did VPN plus Eurosport for a
while, that gets a bit expensive, and I don't know if
Eurosport will stream over a VPN anymore.

You can get an NBC Sports Gold "cycling pass" for about
$55 for a year. I *believe* this allows you to stream
online, but I'd check that. It allows you to watch
stages later in the day.

Small detail: I think to watch "reruns" on Sports Gold,
you have to delay enough that the stage has ended; At
least their TV app didn't seem to have Dauphine recorded
stages available until after the "live" broadcast had
ended. Compare to a DVR where you can show up from 1
minute late to many days late and start watching.

I think there's also something called FUBO in the US,
never worked out if it was worth the price.

One warning: To my mind, figuring out how Sports Gold and
FUBO work was fairly mysterious; their online
documentation was less than stellar.

Mark J.

Update/correction:

1) FUBO appears to NOT have the tour. Licensing, I suppose.
2) Here's a summary by Velonews about NBC sports gold:
https://www.velonews.com/events/tour...north-america/

-Note it includes options ?only? available in Canada.

Mark J.

I don't know, I don't own a television and I'm no expert in
this area.

I did do a double take when I read yesterday's Wall Street
Journal early this morning. Their 'Personal Technology'
writer, Ms Nicole Nguyen, wrote that she had signed up for
various streaming services, canceled the next day for full
refund, and noted that with all of them she enjoyed 30 days
of use.

There was a time when newspaper management would show
someone the door for lesser ethical adventures, but there
it is right on page B4. O tempora, O mores.

They've been saying that for 2,000 years :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old August 26th 20, 06:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

After watching the Slime Stream Media even coming from the Wall Street Journal you don't still believe there are any ethics at all in the media do you?