valvoline synthetic trans oil chain lube

Old September 17th 05, 07:13 PM

Default valvoline synthetic trans oil chain lube

the valvo trans oil works great from the bottle at temperatures 110 to
80 but below 80 the synth thickens. I assume cold start transmissions
move slowly and generally benefit from some thickness despite the
70-140 advert.
using the visual drip from a 4oz finish line epic synth oil as a
viscosity standard-place nozzle to CR and spin backwards allowing for
gravity flow to a gentle squeeze from a full to half full epic 4oz-just
enough to get a drip drip drip as each CR tooth passes underneath
the valvo then needs thinning at 85 to 70 degrees-1 to 5 thinner to
synth to get the valvo up to epic viscosity.
i'm seeing excellent chain wear results from valvo in a gritty
environment by cleaning the chain every morning before commuting. the
chain is crunchy with side plate sand.
but sand appears to float on the valvo's surface over this short
run/clean interval. this is good!

Old October 11th 05, 10:40 PM

temperatures fell into the low 80's. the valvo synth trans 'oil' was
cut with thinner.
and i found valvo racing synth straight 50 over at dis**** auto at $3
Qt which is like you know expletive deletd free compared to uhuhuhuh
this is good and runs good so far after 5 miles anyway.
i had cut the valvo synth trans oil 5/1 oil/thinner
that was ok nothing out of the ordinary
then the temp kept falling and I ran low so I cut the synth 2/1
and guess what happened!!!
space invaders!!
close. the synth trans oil ran like the uhuhuh epic in that it dried
out after 6 hours in the "heat"
some say the drying out is good that's what its supposed to do
but i don't buy it. wet is friction less. dry is friction more.
that's what drove me over to valvo synth trans. dry lube. gee, i oiled
it this morning rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
so if you see the guys from FinishLine over at woolmort... buying paint
thinner
let us know

Chain line and chain wear... Xyzzy Techniques 5 June 25th 05 10:44 PM
Chain lube Jim Techniques 12 December 4th 04 05:53 PM
Chain, Gears & Wheel Lube Ian \(remove the antispam\) General 37 June 20th 04 08:06 PM
Chain Lube Options? DSK UK 33 October 27th 03 02:25 PM
Alternative chain lube Phil, Squid-in-Training Mountain Biking 9 July 9th 03 09:33 AM