Availability of SRAM road brifters?

Old October 8th 05, 06:59 PM
damyth

Default Availability of SRAM road brifters?

Does anyone know which year SRAM is going to have general market
availability of their road brifters shown at this year's Interbike and
EuroBike?

http://www.velonews.com/tech/report/...es/8811.0.html

Is it for this coming year (2006) or 2007?

Old October 8th 05, 10:16 PM
Lou Holtman

damyth wrote:
Does anyone know which year SRAM is going to have general market
availability of their road brifters shown at this year's Interbike and
EuroBike?

http://www.velonews.com/tech/report/...es/8811.0.html

Is it for this coming year (2006) or 2007?

What I have read 2007.

Lou
--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu
Old October 9th 05, 02:52 AM
maxo

I certainly hope they'll have a moderate priced range, like Shimano's
105.

The single lever idea is quite brilliant: short throw shifts to a
smaller cog, long throw goes up.

If it's as nice as their cassettes and chains--I'm there.

Old October 9th 05, 02:42 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

damyth wrote:
Does anyone know which year SRAM is going to have general market
availability of their road brifters shown at this year's Interbike and
EuroBike?

http://www.velonews.com/tech/report/...es/8811.0.html

Is it for this coming year (2006) or 2007?

2007 and high end first followed by lower end models after that. If the
things are succesful, expect lower end stuff.

Old October 9th 05, 04:04 PM
Jasper Janssen

On 8 Oct 2005 18:52:30 -0700, "maxo" wrote:

I certainly hope they'll have a moderate priced range, like Shimano's
105.

The single lever idea is quite brilliant: short throw shifts to a
smaller cog, long throw goes up.

Uh.. that's *one* of the possible explanations that has been rumoured.
It's not exactly confirmed. And it doesn't adequately explain the shape of
the brake lever to my mind.

Jasper
Old October 9th 05, 05:49 PM

Why would the high-end folks change? It would have to be a dramatic
improvement or far, far less $$. Why not go for the lower market?

Old October 9th 05, 08:25 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Jasper Janssen wrote:
On 8 Oct 2005 18:52:30 -0700, "maxo" wrote:

I certainly hope they'll have a moderate priced range, like Shimano's
105.

The single lever idea is quite brilliant: short throw shifts to a
smaller cog, long throw goes up.

Uh.. that's *one* of the possible explanations that has been rumoured.
It's not exactly confirmed. And it doesn't adequately explain the shape of
the brake lever to my mind.

Jasper

Actually confirmed by somebody at Sram...push-smaller cog, push
farther, larger cog.

Old October 9th 05, 09:24 PM
Paul Hobson

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
Jasper Janssen wrote:

On 8 Oct 2005 18:52:30 -0700, "maxo" wrote:

I certainly hope they'll have a moderate priced range, like Shimano's
105.

The single lever idea is quite brilliant: short throw shifts to a
smaller cog, long throw goes up.

Uh.. that's *one* of the possible explanations that has been rumoured.
It's not exactly confirmed. And it doesn't adequately explain the shape of
the brake lever to my mind.

Jasper

Actually confirmed by somebody at Sram...push-smaller cog, push
farther, larger cog.

It seems to me that the shifting would take place when the levers return
back to their home position. Does that seem right? Either way, I can't
imagine how one would go through several gears as fast as one currently
can on STIs or Ergos (esp. with regards to jumping up or down multiple
gears as some models do). What am I missing here?

--
Paul M. Hobson
Georgia Institute of Technology