Looking for an old Dia Compe part

Old October 11th 05, 10:56 PM
Werehatrack

Default Looking for an old Dia Compe part

Anybody got any suggestions as to where I can get replacements for the
plastic quick-release cams for mid-'80s (I think) Dia Compe road
calipers? These are the ones that work with a metal wingnut-like
thing to allow the caliper to be opened for wheel removal. Two local
shops professed not to know where to get them, but that didn't
surprise me much; they were not my favorite sources. I've got one
that's broken out completely now, and another that's cracked, and I
don't relish the task of whittling out new ones with the Dremel and
the drill press, though I have figured out a way that I can do so if
necessary. (I'd probably swap my spare 105 calipers on to the bike
before I'd make new cams, though.)
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

New Video Part 2 BoojiBoy Unicycling 26 January 3rd 05 04:03 PM
What Bicycle Part Varies Least? [email protected] Techniques 113 December 27th 04 11:18 PM
What's this left over part? Dave Techniques 14 December 6th 03 01:53 AM
Cycling in Paris Part 1 wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX UK 2 September 5th 03 06:59 AM
Cycling in Paris Part 2 wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX UK 0 September 4th 03 09:57 PM